Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, all. I just noticed (again) that most people think of ChatterEmail in terms of "push" mail, but there are actually a number of features that are unique to ChatterEmail.

The list of UNIQUE ChatterEmail features (not in other Treo email apps) includes:

Asynchronous operation (no waiting, noprogress bars)
    True push (IMAP) without monthly fees*
    True push (Exchange; Verizon/Sprint) without monthly fees**
    Integrated SMS triggered sync***
    Real-time message updating (IMAP)*
    Server Folder Search (IMAP)
    Filtered Mailboxes (IMAP)
    Lots of notification options (sound/vibrate/LED, tone per mailbox)
    Color-coded Summary Mode
    Direct to SD Card Mailboxes (messages and their attachments)***
    Background SSL Support****
    FREE UPGRADES ALWAYS

*With compatible IMAP server (AOL/AIM/everyone.net/fastmail.fm/fusemail.com/Exchange, etc.)
    **Requires OWA Mail plug-in
    ***Requires server that can send SMS alerts for new messages
    ****WIth optional Matrix SSL package

Marc
    Darn it Marc,
    I love Snappermail just fine, but you are going to end up MAKING me have to try Chatter......
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    chatter is the best...can't wait to come back to palm and use chatter again
    Chatter is also a much smaller program than either VersaMail or Snapper.
    Way smaller than all the others, and no re-sets!
    Chatter! Chatter! Chatter!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I believe Chatter requires less RAM than I was using with Snapper. If RAM is a problem for you then this is an issue.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I am a recent ex-Snapper user and new Chatter convertee, even though I cannot get "push" email from my server. I hung on with Snapper (which is certainly OK) for a long time, but Marc always said there is more to Chatter than push. He has finally convinced me. With his latest upgrades, it is clear that Chatter is just the superior product, and his support and continuous development effort is unsurpassed. Furthermore, the RAM footprint is manageable and upgrades are free. Chatter is IT.
    Cheers,
    amell
    Chatter may be the best case of developer responsiveness on ANY system.

I would use if on my PC if I could.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Chatter may be the best case of developer responsiveness on ANY system.

I would use if on my PC if I could.
    I think that VolumeCare takes that prize, but Chatter is a close second.
    guess I am gonna have to try chatter this weekend.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I think that VolumeCare takes that prize, but Chatter is a close second.
    You also have to put DateBk in the mix
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    You also have to put DateBk in the mix
    DateBk's developer is also very good, but Marc puts out new builds almost daily. Do the VC/DB developers do that? (I'm not familiar enough with their products).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    CESD of Datebk runs a gorilla wildlife habitat full time while Datebk 5/6 is his side job. No disrespect to Marc or Jeff(I own both Chatter and VC), but that's damn impressive in my book.

Not trying to get off topic, but with that being said, I'm amazed by all the improvements Marc puts into his product.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    DateBk's developer is also very good, but Marc puts out new builds almost daily. Do the VC/DB developers do that? (I'm not familiar enough with their products).
    During update process and beta he does. I really think both Marc and CE Dewar are exceptional.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hi Marc,

I am a registered Chatter user and I am very happy with the product.

I have 2 major suggestions that I think would convert many more users your way.

1.) The interface could really use a little softening. One of the reasons I was reluctant to move from snappermail to chatter was the barebones interface. I have grown used to it over time, but a smoother, softer interface would drive more people to the app.

2.) The prefs screens can be confusing and somewhat overwhelming for everyone but power users. I am an IT consultant and I found some of the options baffling. More intuitive prefs and a more organized prefs screens would also keep non-power users from being scared away.

Keep up the great work.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I like Chatter's interface better than Snapper's personally. I suppose a couple of color themes might be cool though for those of us that don't use the summary view.

Also, I like the plethora of options! But then again, I guess I'm a power user...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  17.    #17  
    Thanks, Tony. I agree with you about these things; I wish I had the time to do more!

Marc
    I tried Chatter for 30 days and found it a very good email program. Marc was very responsive with any issues I had at the time.
    No, themes, colors and those kind things are the last things to work on. For now the most important thing is to finish the OWA: full flaging sync, foreign language support (I can read Chinese messages in IMAP accounts but not in OWA) and reply-to header etc.
  20.    #20  
    That's my priority...

Marc
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast