Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ChatterEmail is more than twice better than SnapperMail Enterprise and at at half the price too!!

Marc should start charging the same price as Snapper Enterprise, because Chatter is worth it.

I am now a ChatterEmail convert. I still use Snapper once in awhile for large attachments. Chatter is my primary email app 95% of the time.

Casey
    I've been a chatteremail user as well for a while now and highly recommend it. However, I mainly use it for pop3 mainly now since I have not been able able to avoid turbo battery drain issues via my IMAP fastmail account. I need to keep my IMAP acct offline and do manual syncs only, otherwise my battery drains very quickly (i.e, have sprint 650 and use latest beta).

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #23  
    Gaurav - You should send me a log, then. I don't see the "turbo drain" being reported these days...

Marc
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Marc,

Recently I am getting an alert when open Chatter after a Shutdown or a Upgrade. It is saying my trial period has expired and those goes to the console. I just push ok and then it goes back to chatter with no problems. Then I click on register and sure enough my code is there.

I will try and replicate and send log if possible.

BenJoe
    I am also a registered user! I also used Snapper and was very happy until I started losing emails due to database corruption. Snapper seems to be at a crossroads with lots of loyal customers losing faith. For me, using IMAP and push, in combination with my domain name email converted me once I started using chatter. Combine the responsiveness of Marc, I am very happy to be on board. I agree with everything people have been posting, except I feel I need to mention one thing I don't see that often. With Snapper, I would set my POP3 to check for emails every 20 minutes. The problem I had with that, was once the process started, which could be right in the middle of something I was trying to do, it became very inconvenient to wait for it to finish... or if you tried to cancel, it took a long time. Before Chatter, I figured I just had to put up with it. Now I am so glad that my email just pops up when received. Also the connection time to the server with Chatter seems so much quicker than with Snapper! My two cents worth!
    I am going to take a look at Chatter and see if I can do away with Versamail. However before I do, has anyone gone from a Versamail Outlook Enterprise environment to Chatter? I currently use Versamail for POP3 mail from Comcast (no real complaints), and for OTA sync of email and calendar with Outlook 2003 via OWA. Will Chatter support syncing with Outlook server for both email and Calendar, and will it handle all MS attachments (I have DTG premium)?

Last but not least, can I trial Chatter and at the same time use Versamail? My corporate email and Calendar are critical, and syncing with the Outlook server is critical.

Thanks.
    Last edited by tgoulart; 04/11/2006 at 06:41 PM.
    I've had Snapper triggered with TreoHelper SMS and its been fine for the most part. BUT everytime I'm in the middle of doing something on my Treo and all of a sudden, I'm interrupted while Snapper fetches mail upon receiving an SMS trigger, I think of Chatter and how great it would be to have all this done in the background. Not sure why I haven't gone for it yet - trialed it briefly but was intimidated on setup I suppose (not too much of a techie). Maybe I'll give it another try.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Same problme with Snapper here.
    Have been trialing Chatter for about 10 days now, and I am pretty impressed on its ability to work in the background. And that is just with syncing a pop3 account every 20 min or so.

Wanta try it with IMAP, but just haven't had time to try.

I can't get the free 6 mo IMAP trial account to work (get server errors when I try to sign up for it.)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
  9.    #29  
    Just tell me what account you want (email to support@chatteremail.com).

Marc
    oh, ok, thanks. Will do, Marc.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Is anyone able to answer my questions above?

Thanks
  12.    #32  
    You can trial Chatter with VM. Chatter's new OWA Mail plugin does Exchange email sync, but NOT Calendar sync (yet).

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Marc,

Recently I am getting an alert when open Chatter after a Shutdown or a Upgrade. It is saying my trial period has expired and those goes to the console. I just push ok and then it goes back to chatter with no problems. Then I click on register and sure enough my code is there.

I will try and replicate and send log if possible.

BenJoe
    I've have experienced a similar problem. I thought it was a problem with Chatter but it turns out all my preferences and registration codes were gone....
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    I've have experienced a similar problem. I thought it was a problem with Chatter but it turns out all my preferences and registration codes were gone....
    See my codes are not gone, once I push ok with out even entering the code Chatter goes back to normal. If all your passwords are gone then your save preferences have been deleted and you can restore those. This is saying i need to enter the registration code but even when I don't it says it is registered.

Weird. Hasn't happend for about 3 weeks now, so maybe Marc Fixed it.
    Marc, will Chatter ever be able to view embedded images in emails? I've gotten emails that had pictures embedded but they never show up
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  16.    #36  
    Ever? I don't know. I'm not aware of any other email apps on the Treo that do this; are there any?

Marc
    Hi Marc,

I have a couple of "wish list" suggestions that are somewhat in the vein of the previous posters question about embedded images. While that would be nice, I certainly don't see that particular option as a personal need. (Plus, as far as I've seen you're correct: I can't think of another Palm mail client that currently does this.)

But as a previous Snapper user, there are two things that I miss from their client:

1) larger touch-screen buttons that stay finger-capable even when using the compressed inbox view mode (I try to avoid using my stylus, and one-handed message delete via an onscreen button was always super convenient in Snapper -- as opposed to hitting the menu button and then D for delete). My thumb is just too big to hit that tiny on-screen delete button.
    2) better display of HTML messages. Sure, I know that you can view the message in your default browser, but I get hundreds of HTML formatted messages a day that I need to be able sort through as speedily as possible. Although some of these display just fine, the majority require kicking out to a browser to really see it. I don't know the technical details behind how Snapper displays html messages, but it handles these fine without a browser.

...but I must admit, those are two relatively minor feature requests. The push and asynchronous sync aspects of Chatter definitely beat-out Snapper hands down. =)
    Let's not forget, I know its not the best Imap out there, but AOL is now free email. I use AOL & Fastmail with Chatter & it just works. Sadly Snapper wasn't able to work 100% or at least when I needed it. Chatter/Marc is just the best...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  19.    #39  
    dancintreo - Actually, Snapper does a subset of HTML (no tables or other complex formatting), whereas Chatter does full HTML. But for large messages, or ones with graphics, the browser is used.

As far as buttons, almost everything can be done with one-key commands, so there's no need to tap buttons...

Marc
    My problem is that I have all email sent to my GMail account (my home and business accounts are sent there), and I have my Treo pull all email from there. I know eople have talked about GMail's POP being flaky (that was the reason given why some email does not get pulled off). However, Snapper pulls off MORE THAN TWICE as much email off GMail than either chatter or versa. Don't know why that would be, but it is a stable finding as I have assessed this for the past full week. Also, I can never seem to get Chatter to pull off entire emails - I have the length maximized at 400 lines, but still most emails are cut short. What am I doing wrong here?

And since I do not use IMAP at all can you Chatter guys help me see the advantages of non-IMAP-utilized Chatter over Snapper?

TIA.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast