Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Resco does it just fine
    Agree. I just used it to restore after I had fooled around with Java. No problem at all.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Botzam Backup is the only backup utility that will back Palm Photos so if you care about your precious pictures this is the one......
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Botzam Backup is the only backup utility that will back Palm Photos so if you care about your precious pictures this is the one......
    Mine are automatically stored on the PC during each hot sync as well as on the SD card which I backup periodically as well. Never needed anything else.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Anybody using Resco explorer to answer this question. Was going to purchase resco backup, then read in an earlier post about explorer. Went to site and saw it had backup. Is this a stripped down version of Resco backup. Can't understand why resco backup is $15, and so is explorer with backup. If the backup programs are the same, its a no brainer to get explorer. If the backup included with explorer is subset , then i see it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi
    Anybody using Resco explorer to answer this question. Was going to purchase resco backup, then read in an earlier post about explorer. Went to site and saw it had backup. Is this a stripped down version of Resco backup. Can't understand why resco backup is $15, and so is explorer with backup. If the backup programs are the same, its a no brainer to get explorer. If the backup included with explorer is subset , then i see it. Thanks.
    I got backup before I realized a utility was included in Explorer. Not sure what I'd do now but at the time, all I really wanted was a good backup app.
    This is from Resco Backup's site:
    Relation to the Resco Explorer
    Resco Backup builds on the Explorer technology and brings it one step further by introducing backup clusters. This is a technology of merging limited number of smaller databases into one unit. This technique brings higher speed (gains up to 30%), but still retains the ability of flexible incremental backup.

Backup sets created by Resco Backup can be accessed (even edited) by Resco Explorer or another zip programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    which backup program (backup buddy, nvbackup, or resco) restores full configuration of software? including keeping software registered after a reset?

also....which backup software backs up EVERYTHIGN..i mean everything? thanks
    I think all three do. I have personally done 100% restores with BackupMan and Resco. People sing the praises of NVBackup and it is free.
    Does backupbuddyVFS restore java apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    which backup program (backup buddy, nvbackup, or resco) restores full configuration of software? including keeping software registered after a reset?
    That is one of the nice things about backing up regularly (automatically overnight, for instance) is that if you lose the saved prefs file (which is known to happen) you can restore that one file and be on your way. It has saved me a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer View Post
    I use backupman and have never had a problem with it. It has saved my behind many times.

I'm with you.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Does Resco backup/restore GoodLink correctly? I tried using NVBackup for this and it killed GoodLink when I restored.
    NVBackup and its free!
    Resco Backup has powerful scheduling component to it, which Explorer did not have the last time I used that particular feature.

I used BackupMan until they wanted to charge me for an upgrade, at which point Resco Backup was doing a promotion for the same price as the upgrade. At that point I switched. I found Resco to be far more stable, but the new version of BackupMan may be just as good.
    Resco Backup is the only one which can have different set of files sets, scheduled at different times. So I love it!
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    By "Best" I mean simple, strong, fast, effective. Oh did I mention it ALWAYS does what its suppose to. Its NVBackup a freeware app. Yes I said free! the backup subject is dear to my heart cause I've been around since the M100 that ran on AA batteries. that thing would start acting unstable and the CRASH! All data erased! we've come a long way but I refuse to be stranded ever again. I've tried ALL of the backups on TC, Palm & MTDN, they all suck in one way or another. then a guy told me about a free app called NVBackup, I've used it for 4 months and its an app that u forget its there. It works that well. Network backup too! I'll post a copy when I get to a pc. anyway enough of my ranting. freewarepalm.com or palmfreeware.com not sure of the url
    Forgot to mention NVBackup has a FLAWLESS restore. pics java, callender, favs everything. I wish I found this app before I started shelling out cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingssnakke View Post
    Forgot to mention NVBackup has a FLAWLESS restore. pics java, callender, favs everything. I wish I found this app before I started shelling out cash.
    Another vote for NVBackup:
    • Solid performance and reliable restores over multiple hard reset situations.
    • Quick and easy to use.
    • Full or selective restores.
    • Scheduled backups with screen-off option for overnight use.
    • Freeware, and produced by an author with a superior reputation.

I previously purchased BackupBuddy and RescoBackup. I think Resco is my favourite from the point of view of features, but it started causing resets for me -- The first app or two I used in the morning after an overnight scheduled backup would reset, regardless of what app that was. This behaviour has carried over from my 650 to my new 680.

I still use Resco, but only for manual backups when I'm experimenting with installing risky new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Another vote for NVBackup:
    • Solid performance and reliable restores over multiple hard reset situations.
    • Quick and easy to use.
    • Full or selective restores.
    • Scheduled backups with screen-off option for overnight use.
    • Freeware, and produced by an author with a superior reputation.

I previously purchased BackupBuddy and RescoBackup. I think Resco is my favourite from the point of view of features, but it started causing resets for me -- The first app or two I used in the morning after an overnight scheduled backup would reset, regardless of what app that was. This behaviour has carried over from my 650 to my new 680.

I still use Resco, but only for manual backups when I'm experimenting with installing risky new apps.
    I believe the behavior you describe is because Resco is using quite a bit of dbcache and when you try to start up the next app or two, the Treo runs out of memory. A manual reset (with a reset utility) will help you avoid this. However, a reset is a reset is a reset.

With so many endorsements of NVBackup, I really think I also should give it a try. Once I saw a comment on TC that NVBackup took liberties in writing to areas of memory that should be off limits (something to that effect) and it scared me off.
    i think it does something like read areas that should be off limits - not write.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    i think it does something like read areas that should be off limits - not write.
    Oh, is that it? That doesn't worry me as much.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12