1.    #1  
    well, as i tested both the headset speaker & speakerphone works fine.
    only the handset speaker suddenly died.
    need immediate suggestions....
    Just a suggestion if it's less than a year old, call and have it replaced. Mine did just the opposite a few weeks ago and had a new (refurbished) one in my hands a few days later.
    If not under warrenty check http://www.performancepda.com I just replace the speaker in my son's phone with parts from them.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    If not under warrenty check http://www.performancepda.com I just replace the speaker in my son's phone with parts from them.
    it's gonna to be a big option to find parts, speaker in my case.
    my concern is - how do i replace the defective one ? i'm not that handy !!!!
    any suggestion ? jamesgangut ????
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonefan
    I fix defective audio jacks for $50 plus $10 shipping. I can fix your phone regardless of what the problem is (bad jack, contacts of speaker). I will also fix the jack even if it is not broken so it will never fail. I return phones same day.

It's an option, keep it in mind just in case you don't find any other.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonefan
    If you're not handy you might take nonobeez up on his offer. If you want to do it on your own you can purchase the speaker and then follow the instructions on nonobeez's website to remove the cover. You will also need to get the correct Torx wrench or bit to remove the screws.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS