View Poll Results: Which email application do you use for your Treo?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Versamail

50 24.39%
  • Chatter

103 50.24%
  • Snappermail

38 18.54%
  • Other (Please specify)

19 9.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I use Versamail, it works just fine for what I need e mail on my PHONE for, and of course it came with the treo, if I did not have versamail I would still be using Eudora!!!
    But then I am self employed I own the companies, and have no need of push/pull up/down or around on my e mail .
    Terry
    I've been playing around with Chatter for the last couple of days and I like it, but I need the calendar synchronization (and soon contact in the 700p) that versamail has with exchange email. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I'm thinking there are two options:
    1) I've thought about using Chatter for email, then telling Versamail to check once or twice a day for the calendar synchronization aspect, but I don't want to load a ton of email into versamail, then have to clean it out on a regular basis

2)Try to find an SMS triggered option for versamail. I think someone already talked about something like that for snapper. Is there something similar for Versamail?
    Chatter will soon have calendar sync (as well as other PIM's). Stay tuned.

Marc
    When Chatter supports PIM (calendar, contacts, etc.) will it only support Outlook? Will it support Microsoft's Entourage for the Mac?

Many thanks,

-TreoRamma-
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Just got my 700p activated, and I'm freaking out that Versamail doesn't support "check mail every X minutes". And what is all the sync stuff? I'm checking my email wirelessly on a Treo, not going through my computer on a Palm handheld.

Can I have the old email app on my 600 back? (kidding but not entirely!)
    It will support Exchange (Outlook vs Entourage arent relevant).

Marc
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Well, I tried to set up Chatter on my 700p to give it a whirl. I have an Earthlink email address specifically for my Treo. I confidently selected Earthlink acct, typed in the stuff, and... nothing. Finally it received an email, but it won't send. Goes through the SMTP steps (Cnct/Auth/Hello/Send), but then hits a "550 From: address is not valid". I tried xxx, xxx@earthlink, and xxx@earthlink.net. Any ideas?
    Check the return address in the SMTP Profile page.

Marc
    Was just using Versamail. Not thrilled with it, but it worked when I needed it. Other mail apps just seemed like too much hassle to set up for the same result.

Just began using Agendus SSL Mail and like it much better. Send/receive is much faster, setup for Gmail POP access was very easy and worked the first time, has desktop and wireless synch capability, supports POP and IMAP. It claims integration with Agendus Pro, which I don't use. Just Agendus Standard.

So far, it's worked very well with very little tinkering.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    Check the return address in the SMTP Profile page.

Marc
    :: Ding! :: We have a winnah. I checked the login, but not the return address (I figured the From address would come from the login, since the return address could be anything or nothing). The return address was xxx@earthlink. Shouldn't it have defaulted to xxx@earthlink.net when I originally set it up?
    Last edited by martinp13; 06/05/2006 at 03:42 PM.
    It will support Exchange (Outlook vs Entourage arent relevant).

Marc
    Marc - any estimated date for supporting Exchange (with Calendar, etc.)? And, will there be any upgrade cost from the regular Chatter if I buy now? Been using Snapper all this time, but I really want the calendar synch (used Good before...sorry, but it TOOK OVER my Treo 650) along with the push.
    Quote Originally Posted by opusx
    I use Pylon Anywhere as that's the solution that our company has adapted with Lotus Notes

And it works with the 700p? What version Pylon is it?
  13.    #93  
    Excuse my ignorance. What is Pylon? Thanks...
    CDMA users will lose some incoming calls to voicemail (maybe anywhere from 5-20%, depending on dozens of factors). This problem should go away entirely with EVDO, however.
    Thanks for answering this query, Chris. I just started my trial with Chatter yesterday, after being with SnapperMail Enterprise for quite some time, and the first thing I wondered about was the impact of being "online" (i.e. data session connected and active) basically 24-7. I'm on Sprint on a 650 (I'm guessing CDMA) but will have my 700p in a week (though EVDO is iffy).

So, with Chatter running, a call may not ring... but it would still go to voicemail and notification of that is relatively fast, yes? Or are you saying that 5-20 percent of the time I might be totally ignorant of a missed call?

Is there a problem with having a data session open all the time? I liked that Snapper would connect, do its business, then disconnect. But if a constant data connection won't bother Sprint, then this isn't an issue.

I suppose I could configure Chatter to emulate this (lesser) behavior, though, yes? Does the 'sleep' function also disconnect the data session?

Thanks for any insights!
    On a 700p with EVDO, you'll never miss a phone call. And, regardless, staying connected isn't a problem as far as losing calls or battery life is concerned, unless you're in an area of poor coverage.

Marc
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Wow, chatter looks really cool but it is forty bucks for crissakes. I have three accounts on Versamail and my yahoo account on blazer-they all work fine. If I was gonna spend that kind of money, I would upgrade to a 700p.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    You can get a 700p for $40? Would you mind getting me one?

Marc
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    No, I can't get a 700p for $40 but I am not making any more large investments in my 650- I would rather put it towards the next device.

Roi Batty

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    anyone know if the 3.5 vm upgrade fixed the autosync problem?

Roi Batty

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345