1.    #1  
    HELP --my plug is caput...TR out from 600 to 650????
    HELP! I CANNOT power up to synch FROM old 600-650 - Today, 02:24 PM
    1st the yellow blob, then one charger & then another and finally a 3rd would not work. (1 year of use...)

.... PLUG IS SHOT & THERE SEEMS NO WAY to charge, in order to transfer some info

from old "shot" Treo 600 to new TREO 650 that is due at my house today. (The old unit is does not need to work afterwards.) ANY IDEAS OF

HOW TO SOLVE (or should I just relie on data on 2 synching PCs and upload new programs?)...

FRUSTRATED BERWYNBOBBY (home email: hegsbie@aol.com / temporary cell: (215) 803-4499 )
    Quote Originally Posted by berwynbobby
    HELP --my plug is caput...TR out from 600 to 650????
    HELP! I CANNOT power up to synch FROM old 600-650 - Today, 02:24 PM
    1st the yellow blob, then one charger & then another and finally a 3rd would not work. (1 year of use...)

.... PLUG IS SHOT & THERE SEEMS NO WAY to charge, in order to transfer some info

from old "shot" Treo 600 to new TREO 650 that is due at my house today. (The old unit is does not need to work afterwards.) ANY IDEAS OF

HOW TO SOLVE (or should I just relie on data on 2 synching PCs and upload new programs?)...

FRUSTRATED BERWYNBOBBY (home email: hegsbie@aol.com / temporary cell: (215) 803-4499 )
    You can probably get your data from your last sync on your PC. I wouldn't recommend syncing directly with your existing username as many have reported problems doing such.

I would go to C:\Program Files\Palm\<Username>\ and temporarily move the \Archive & \Backup directories elseware (for safekeeping while you get your contact info), then sync with your PC. That will get all your address, phone book, memopad entries. Run your 650 through it's paces afterwards to verify everything's ok. Then you can re-install all your programs from your backup directory (double-click the *.prc to run quickinstall) I would recommend getting the newest version of each of your applications though, as many had to be updated in order to 'play nice with others' under the 650's newer NVFS file structure.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
  3.    #3  
    MANY THANKS! Thought I would have the new Treo 650 over the weekend, but the guy from Texas who sold it to me, must have sent it his 2nd day off (not last Tuesday).
    MY FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS TO CHARGE the battery. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ON USING A NEW USER NAME, but will that confuse my OFFICE PC and my HOME PC? Advise.