1.    #1  
    Is there no longer a search function in the Palm OS? Used to be a magnifying glass that would do a search through contacts, appointments, etc... Either it doesn't exist, or I just can't seem to find it in my shiny new Treo 650.

I have some seldom used contacts that I have listed by first and last name and also have the company name in the record. The problem is that I know they work for "XYZ company", but don't recall the person's name that I was working with.

Has my Palm foresaken me? Do I need a 3rd party search tool? Am I SOL (other than stepping through each contact individually)?
    You're not serious are you?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm... a colleague suggested changing the contact "list by" from 'last name, first name' to 'company, last name'. This is helpful, but only to a degree, as the filter/search ability only seems to be searching the last and first name fields, NOT company name. This doesn't allow me to search for the company, but does allow me to step through every contact until I get to the company I'm looking for...
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I'm serious, or at least I was... Looky there, there is a little magnifying glass on the left shift key...
    [Shift] -> [Magnifying Glass] -> [Find More] appears to work - mvk
    No need to be embarassed! Took me almost a week to notice that button when I first got my 650. :-)
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Actually took me over a month to find it.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions