1.    #1  
    Treo 650 with latest code, brand new headset and they won't pair. Does anyone have any ideas what could possibly be happening?

Thanks.
    It took a bit for my 650 the first time to find the 640. Make sure you are pressing the button on the headset for the required amount of time (I don't have the instructions in front of me).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Ok, I have read further in the manual. When I press the button and hold until blue I then get 3 flashes of red, looking at the manual that is battery indicator. I haven't gotten into discovery mode. Again looking at the manual there doesn't appear to be a difference between regular power on and discovery power on.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
    Hold the power button on until it flashes blue & red quickly. Turn it off before doing this and you should be fine.
    cx,

I was having the same problem. Did you get it to work? I wasn't holding it down long enough. I was holding it down until it flashed blue. This basically just turned it on. If you did what Tom said and hold it down until it flashes red then blue then red then blue. That is when it is in pairing mode. It will keep flashing red then blue. I hope this helps.

mij
    Where do I obtain a passkey for my 640 Plantronics?
    0000 just like every other BT headset.
    Thank you so much Mijiman!! I usually have no problems setting up new devices, but I was just missing this. Tom said it first, but I still didn't get it. Anyway, thank you...now I can go play with my toy!!!