1.    #1  
    Figure this one out.

I am sitting at my PC typing a reply in a GPS thread here on TC. My Treo is sitting on the desk, not in cradle. I hear a slight beep from the Treo, followd by one on what I "imagine" is the PC's speaker.

My PC then says "You have reached your destination" and I am thinking that can't be true, I am imagining it. I turn on the Treo screen and it's at the Home Screen w/ no apps loaded.

The PC, and I am absolutely sure of it this time as I turn volume up and it gets LOUD, says in its John Cleese voice, "You can get out of the car but I am not gonna hlep you carry your bags, you are on your own."

How does a voice get from my Treo to the PC, when the Treo is not even running TomTom ? Either this is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen the palm do or somebody slipped me some medication that was suppossed to go to the guys in the PPR.
    Have you been over to insertions house for dinner? Please tell me you didn't have mushrooms on your salad....
    Could it be that you had just accessed the tomtom plus site from your PC for a reference in you GPS post?
    Other than that you have nav software on your Treo, is there any other evidence that your Treo has anything to do with this?
    If it says "Price Check in Electronics" then be very concerned...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Could it be that you had just accessed the tomtom plus site from your PC for a reference in you GPS post?
    I put TomTom Plus in goolgle and linked to the site, copied teh url and the closed it. Seems like a logical answer but:

1. I can't explain the time lag...was several minutes from visit to announcement IIRC and page wss no longer open.
    2. Didn't click on anything on that site....arrived, copied url and closed.
    3. My Treo beeped a sec before the puter beeped....could be coincidence.

Despite the above, I still leanin toward your answer....or insertions mushrooms
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Other than that you have nav software on your Treo, is there any other evidence that your Treo has anything to do with this?
    Just what was indicated.....Treo beeped, puter beeped and then made the announcement....could be coincidence tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    If it says "Price Check in Electronics" then be very concerned...
    That's good!