1.    #1  
    If you use your Treo as a multimedia device, how do you listen to MP3s?

1. With the Treo clipped to your belt?
    2. In your jeans pocket? Shirt pocket?
    3. Armband?
    4. On the desk?
    5. Through the speaker? Or do you have a stereo headset or adapter?

If you are moving all the time like doing sports or walking when listening to your tunes, have you ever banged or tugged or twisted the cable/adapter that is plugged into the device?
    2 and 5 (stereo headset).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    2 and 5 (stereo headset).
    No issues with weak headset connector ?
    Mainly 5 (while running) or with an adapter and earbuds (sitting on a plane, treo in lap or seat pocket).

Been very careful with the headset jack because of the issues here but have never had a problem with it so far (fingers crossed)

CNB phone btw
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I use the Seidio Connector Type adapter which I plug my Shure headset into. At the gym I use a dog accessory with a shoulder strap that holds a water bottle with a pocket on the front of it that's supposed to hold a collapsable water bowl - that's where the Treo sits. I put it in upside down to accomodate the audio adapter.
    When not in the gym, same audio connections but in my pocket.
    When at my desk, I might use the external speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by artologik
    No issues with weak headset connector ?
    Not yet. I have used it while jogging and it was worked very good.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I had been using a plug in headset with the flexible adapter from seidio. Unfortunately, the jack just failed yesterday. I'm lucky in that the internal speaker still works & I have a seidio car kit that has audio out from the multiplug that is still working. Have to decide it I can repair myself or send it to Jose...
    I use my Bluetake i-phono mini Bluetooth stereo headset to listen to mp3s on my Treo 650. The software combination is Softick's Bluetooth Audio Gateway (for the headset) and pTunes for the mp3s. You can listen to the mp3s upto approximately 20 feet away from the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNickO
    I use my Bluetake i-phono mini Bluetooth stereo headset to listen to mp3s on my Treo 650. The software combination is Softick's Bluetooth Audio Gateway (for the headset) and pTunes for the mp3s. You can listen to the mp3s upto approximately 20 feet away from the Treo.
    I was just getting ready to ask if anybody is doing it through BT.
    How is that working out for you?
    Would you recommend that route?
    And is it a Headset (one ear), or is it Headphones, (both ears)?
    Just call me Berd.
    1, 4, 5 (headphones)

You forgot to include 6 - Dashboard (via cassette adapter w/ Lighter-to-USB power)
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I was just getting ready to ask if anybody is doing it through BT.
    How is that working out for you?
    Would you recommend that route?
    And is it a Headset (one ear), or is it Headphones, (both ears)?
    I really like this setup. I don't have to carry the Treo on me, just have in the vicinity. The one I have is stereo, both ears. There is a very thin wire between the two earpieces. The wire usually rest behind my head. I can also answer the phone with the button on the right earpiece and hangup too. Right now the only problem I have is that when I hang up from the call the music does not pick up from where it was left. This headset unit also has a mic on the right earpiece (for the phone conversation.) I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNickO
    I really like this setup. I don't have to carry the Treo on me, just have in the vicinity. The one I have is stereo, both ears. There is a very thin wire between the two earpieces. The wire usually rest behind my head. I can also answer the phone with the button on the right earpiece and hangup too. Right now the only problem I have is that when I hang up from the call the music does not pick up from where it was left. This headset unit also has a mic on the right earpiece (for the phone conversation.) I hope this helps.
    Yes it Does, Thanks
    I've been watching the other threads also,
    I guess what I am ultimatly waiting for, is just a one piece Headset, (I don't Need Stereo).
    And that functions correctly w/ phone, (answer, hangup, and then return to audio)
    Just call me Berd.
    I thought I wanted one piece headset too, or one ear. But if you are listening to music you might as well listen in stereo, you know.
    I use mine both clipped to my waist, on the nightstand, and through an adapter in my car cassette deck. All was well until about a week ago, when the sound was crackley no matter how I plugged in the adapter. I could sometimes press on the adapter to clear up the crackle but it would persist after I let go.

I opened the case (again) and soldered down 4 feet on the connector and bridged both sides. It now works like a charm (again).

The connector is badly designed as I have been pretty careful with my treo. I did just buy the more flexible Seido adapter though.
    I use

a) Seidio flexible adapter (connected to Treo Audio jack) with the Treo on my desk
    b) Seidio Hotsync port audio adapter and a FM transmitter with the Treo in my car center console
    c) occasionally with Softick Audio Gateway (SAG) and Bluetake BT420EX bluetooth stereo headset. SAG has some issues in handling calls, pauses with my headset.
    d) in summer I will have the Treo in my pocket, and will use the Seidio Hotsync port audio adapter and Bose QuietComfort 2 while mowing my yard.

I plan to buy additional Seidio Hotsync port audio adapter and use that wherever possible.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Does anyone know if if or where to purchase an armband for the Treo 650?
    I just bought the "EarThumps" headphones from Griffin, and I definitely recommend them. For $20 you can't find a better deal. www.griffintechnology.com
    -mbd26
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I used to use (and in some cases still use) the Palm audio adaptor (5 above) with the phone in my pocket (2 above). I switched to the new Sedio audio adaptor which was review recently on TreoCentral. I liked it, but had a problem with one of the tabs (the one on the left if looking at the front of the treo) breaking off. I did get it replaced, but with only a 90 day warranty (yes, I broke it that quickly), I didn't have much hope.

I have since gone for a more complex solution. I got Softick Audio Gateway, and a Bluetooth stereo headset/adaptor. This was the iTech S35 which is pretty cool as it allows you to use any stereo/mono headphones that you want. While the headset is not officially supported by SAG, I found it to work quite well.
    I bought some Shure i2c-t headphones. Pricey, but it has a 2.5mm connector instead of the 3.5mm connector. They sound great, and do a pretty good job of noise cancelling as well.

I bought a $15 case from Lowes (saw it standing in line waiting to check out one day, hated my original case) that my belt loops through. Has several small pockets so my SD cards can always be with me. Pretty good setup. My only complaint is that I let the headset cord dangle *behind* me when I'm doing housework, and it's always getting caught on doorknobs.

Other than that, it's a good setup.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650