1.    #1  
    I have been a Palm OS user since the Palm Pilot 1000 and have owned probably 7 or 8 Palm OS devices including my current Treo 650. I have invested a lot of software in Palm OS apps and like the simplicity of the OS. My problem is this...I have setup a new time management system that requires me to have more than 15 categories. As you know, the Palm OS is inherently limited to 15. I currently use Datebk5 which is based on the native Palm calendar and therefore has the same limitation.

I have considered using a new PIM app like KeySuites which uses a proprietary db and therefore can get around the category limit. The issue with this product is that it does not have adequate timezone support. Since I receive appt requests from several timezones, my calendar would never be correct unless I followed the kludgy workaround suggested by Chapura.

I don't want to switch to a Windows Mobile device for better Outlook integration, but I can't seem to find a application that will adequately support both timezones and categories beyond the 15 limit. Help me find an option that works!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudedog
    I have been a Palm OS user since the Palm Pilot 1000 and have owned probably 7 or 8 Palm OS devices including my current Treo 650. I have invested a lot of software in Palm OS apps and like the simplicity of the OS. My problem is this...I have setup a new time management system that requires me to have more than 15 categories. As you know, the Palm OS is inherently limited to 15. I currently use Datebk5 which is based on the native Palm calendar and therefore has the same limitation.

I have considered using a new PIM app like KeySuites which uses a proprietary db and therefore can get around the category limit. The issue with this product is that it does not have adequate timezone support. Since I receive appt requests from several timezones, my calendar would never be correct unless I followed the kludgy workaround suggested by Chapura.

I don't want to switch to a Windows Mobile device for better Outlook integration, but I can't seem to find a application that will adequately support both timezones and categories beyond the 15 limit. Help me find an option that works!!!!!
    How about Beyond Contacts by Dataviz?

I haven't tried it in a long time but it might be worth a try. It too uses proprietary databases so the 15 category limit shouldn't be an issue.

I can tell you this - I used a Dell X51v for a short period of time that was running the lastest version of WM - can't be certain but I don't think it did very well with sub-folders at least in the method that Pocket Mirror Pro XT will. I use Pro XT with my T5 (my 650 died) and use more than 15 cats but most of this is done with subfolders rather than specific categories.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Ugh, I have three Dell X51's at work, including the top of the line model, and they are GOD AWFUL SLOW. I don't see how ANYONE can put up with them. Doing just about ANYTHING is slow.

And people call Treo's "laggy".
    why did you buy 3 then? sorry, not trying to be rude just curious.
    I had an Imate JAM. after my T3 Broke thought I'd get a pda & phone combo. It ahd decent concepts, but it
    is
    the
    worst
    device
    I ever had the unpleasure of holding!
    * Camera 1.3 MP, crap, utter crap
    * Outlook, you have a sync account and a gprs account. I had to open two accounts (sync & gprs) for each email account because the sync account would only sync and not retrieve on the go, while the other did the opposite
    * crashed on average 3 to 4 times a day without adding programs
    * New programs oftn lead to crashes. When it crashes due to a new program, there is not ctrl-alt-delete, or a soft reset. you have to do a hard reset everytime that happens
    * Importing contacts from my palm f***ed everything up. I can send cards to palms, symbian's and Sony ericssons fine. But to a WM? home becomes work, family is unfiled, e-mail is fax, everything is messed up.
    Thank god for the treo
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    why did you buy 3 then? sorry, not trying to be rude just curious.
    Just a guess, but probably a corporate thing. We have the Dells here too as someone bought them to access word documents off our network but found it was not as easy as thought. They pretty much are used as day planners now.

Steve
    dont get windows...i had the tmobile mda. i sold my treo for 300 bucks...i GAVE that phone away. i spent to 400 on that phone after taxes...

it may be the phone itself, but i wasnyt 2 impressed with windows mobile. i couldnt find myself do jack **** with it. the one thing that was nice was their internet...windows explorer is great...but thats the only thing...

i bought my treo again...PHEW!