Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had to reinstall the palm desktop 4.1.4E with my new Treo 650 and my three years of data got wiped out. I use Iomega back up so I tried to restore the data/ archives to my new palm desktop. The problem is that I see the data as archive in the archive folder but it does not pull up when I go to "open archives" from my file menu on the palm software. Can anybody please tell me how to restore the archive data on my desktop?? I could view my years worth of archives before this problem.
    Thanks
    Vik
    What data are we talking about ? Programs PIM Data ? Files ?

For PIM Dta, you wanna get the following files in the location indicated:

address.dat into C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[your username]\address

memopad.dat into C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[your username]\memopad

todo.dat into C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[your username]\todo

datebook.dat into C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\[your username]\datebook

Programs you are best off installing Uninstall Manager and then your programs, 1 per hotsync.

Program data files you are gonna have to be more specific.

And go buy BackUpBuddy VFS, the equivalent by Resco or Backupman

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106786
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The date book data shows as .Dat files in C drive but when I open the palm and switch to "open archives" it does not even give the option from the the pull down menu to try opening it. Is their any other way to convert/merge .DAT ( archive) files to the regular date book data?
    Thanks
    Delete the address .db file from the Treo and then sync with handheld overwrites desktop on address conduit.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi
    Thanks a lot for your help, now the problem is that the adress.db file is locked on the treo, how can I unlock it and will it help solve the date book archive too as I have many years of data in the date book?
    Thanks again
    Vik