Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I downloaded Volume Care basic and Bypass head jack for $24.95. They both work great and I now have a great functioning cell phone again. Thanks for all the info!

jim
    Quote Originally Posted by jakilw View Post
    I downloaded Volume Care basic and Bypass head jack for $24.95. They both work great and I now have a great functioning cell phone again. Thanks for all the info!

jim
    I am very happy to hear everything is working working for you!

Just tonight, I just opened a public beta for my newest product called RingCare. It is a companion to VolumeCare. Thread link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145321

Jeff
    I have a whole new set of issues. My jack blitzed out. I bought the bypass option from volume care which did fix the microphone, speaker phone and regular ear phone issues. However, now my phone has bluetooth issues. I can link up my bluetooth headset successfully but as soon as I try to listen through it the icon shows up on the screen for a fraction of a second and then back to a blank icon much like the broken jack problem the phone thinks the bluetooth headset is on and won't let the speaker phone or regular ear phone work. My only option with Volume Care bypass is to turn off my bluetooth earpiece, then it will work like its normal crappy, lousy sound. Anyone got a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmer View Post
    I have a whole new set of issues. My jack blitzed out. I bought the bypass option from volume care which did fix the microphone, speaker phone and regular ear phone issues. However, now my phone has bluetooth issues. I can link up my bluetooth headset successfully but as soon as I try to listen through it the icon shows up on the screen for a fraction of a second and then back to a blank icon much like the broken jack problem the phone thinks the bluetooth headset is on and won't let the speaker phone or regular ear phone work. My only option with Volume Care bypass is to turn off my bluetooth earpiece, then it will work like its normal crappy, lousy sound. Anyone got a fix for this?
    This is actually the way the Treo functions. When you plug a headset jack into the Treo, you can not use a Bluetooth headset. Well when the headset jack fails, the Treo will not allow the use of a BT headset because it thinks a headset jack is plugged into the Treo. VolumeCare Bypass at least restores the majority of your broken Treo.

Jeff
    I also have problems with my BT Headset. It connects to the phone, but the sound continues to come out the speaker. Do I have to disable the bypass to use it? Oh well, at least I can use it through the speaker...
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I FINALLY have something that works almost perfect for me, so I thought I'd post for anyone else that it may help with. My 650 audio jack went to mono many months ago. (I only could hear from the right side speakers.) I've been really worried that because of that I'd eventually have the total audio jack failure that sounds like is pretty common. I listen to audio books on my work commutes, so I'm plugging in an out at least twice a day.

By the way, I also figured I could live with the mono for audiobooks, but I do also like to watch movies and music when traveling so the mono had put a damper in that anyway.

So anyway, I saw a listing for the Plantronics Pulsar 260 bluetooth a couple months back. What this thing does is allow for stereo listening. It comes with a stereo earbuds headset and microphone that connects into a little connector/player device that has the bluetooth. Instead of the earbuds, though, I'm mainly connecting my car cassette adapter to listen through the car speakers -- the same thing I used to connect directly into the 650 jack.

Now the 260 is an A2DP device -- of course not supported in the 650. So, I'm using Softick Audio Gateway, which works great on the 650 and connects easily to the 260.

By the way, I can use the earbuds and microphone combo that came with the 260 to answer a call, but when I'm hooked to other speakers like in my car, I have to use the speakerphone. I tried using it with my Seidio mic/speaker jack combo, but it doesn't work with this pulsar. I can live with the speakerphone in the car as long as I'm using VolumeCare.

Sooo, now I listen to stereo without ever having to use the jack again. I've been using this for a couple months now and it sounds great. The only problem has been that when a call comes in while in Bluetooth, no callerid shows up. I found another program about a month ago called CallerInfo that provided a workaround, but it was pretty basic. Well, today I found Iambics newest version of "YourCall". I hadn't looked at that before because apparently it used to be pretty much for post-call stuff which doesn't interest me. I thought I'd try out the newest version, though, just to see if it would work. Low and behold, it works GREAT with the bluetooth! I can even get picture callerid for those contacts that I have a picture associated. Now what I DON'T know is whether it will provide callerid for calls NOT in my contacts list while I'm on Bluetooth. It could be only showing those in my contact list (that was one restriction of CallerInfo) but I haven't been able to test that out yet.

Okay, so if you're still with me, here's the summary:
    Verizon (CDMA) 650 + Pulsar 260 = Bluetooth stereo
    + Iambic YourCall = Bluetooth stereo with Treo CallerID!
    The headphone jack has a contact switch in it that turns off the internal speaker when you plug in. Sometime dirt gets in and doesn't let the switch close after you remove the plug. This has nothing to do with re-booting or software. Try "exercizing the jack by repeatedly plugging and unplugging the plug gently.
    I have the same problem everyone else. I downloaded the Volumecare and did the bypass and now I can hear the otehr person but they say that they hear me very very low.
    I had my wife pick up my treo when I called from her phone and its true the volume is very low.
    What can make this happen?
    Does the jack have mic volume also?
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito View Post
    I have the same problem everyone else. I downloaded the Volumecare and did the bypass and now I can hear the otehr person but they say that they hear me very very low.
    I had my wife pick up my treo when I called from her phone and its true the volume is very low.
    What can make this happen?
    Does the jack have mic volume also?
    VolumeCare does provide a MIC volume setting. It is found in the main page of the VolumeCare application. Try increasing this setting and see if it helps increase your MIC volume.

Jeff
    Jeff, I put the volume all the way up but still same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito View Post
    Jeff, I put the volume all the way up but still same problem.
    Well it sounds like you have some real hardware problems happening. The best thing is to either repair or replace the device. The TreoCentral forum member 'nonobeez' does a good job of repairing broken Treo's. I have other recommendations that I would be happy to share if you will send me an email at support @ GoTreoSoftware.com.

Jeff
    Like so many here, I also lost audio and I expected I would have to jumper the*switch of my headset jack in order*to restore the sound on my affected Treo 700wx.
    But fortunately, as a next-to-last resort, I sprayed some WD40 lubricant into a bottle cap and repeatedly dipped and inserted and dipped and inserted my Palm wired headset plug into the WD40 lubricant and then into my 700wx probably about 10 times.

I resisted the urge to spray the WD40 directly into the headset jack of my 700wx.
    I noticed the headset jack switch was no longer stuck and had released a couple of hours after the WD40 was applied.
    You may wish to try this method before opening up the case of your device -- It worked for me!

I often use the headset jack with a powered mount in my car and also with the Palm wired headset and I have had no repeat of the lost-audio problem.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdog View Post
    Like so many here, I also lost audio and I expected I would have to jumper the*switch of my headset jack in order*to restore the sound on my affected Treo 700wx.
    But fortunately, as a next-to-last resort, I sprayed some WD40 lubricant into a bottle cap and repeatedly dipped and inserted and dipped and inserted my Palm wired headset plug into the WD40 lubricant and then into my 700wx probably about 10 times.

I resisted the urge to spray the WD40 directly into the headset jack of my 700wx.
    I noticed the headset jack switch was no longer stuck and had released a couple of hours after the WD40 was applied.
    You may wish to try this method before opening up the case of your device -- It worked for me!

I often use the headset jack with a powered mount in my car and also with the Palm wired headset and I have had no repeat of the lost-audio problem.
    I just developed an issue with sound and, amazingly, this trick cleared it up. Thanks!
    Regards, RoninKSB
    WD40 worked for my 700WX
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I opened my treo 650 to do the old soldering trick because the software didn't work. I discovered that there is a hard black plastic almost completely covering the pads I need to solder. Any ideas?
    Crap, my 700p's audio jack just went. Neither VolumeCare w/ bypass nor HeadCold did any good.

For some reason bluetooth is working fine, and ringers still come out of the speaker. I guess I'm going to be one of those people who walk around with a bluetooth headset on at all times. Again, crap.
    My 650's headphone jack did not work properly: The sound quality was bad and often mono, though wiggling the plug sometimes helped.

So I performed the soldering trick from the treotricks blog mentioned earlier. I soldered bridges on both sides of the jack, bridging the middle to the upper side (in the direction of the screen and antenna).

I cannot hear anything via the headphone jack now.
    Using the HeadCold tool also mentioned earlier in this thred to force audio out via the headphone jack does give me the right audio channel on the headphones. So I am wondering:

Should I have only soldered one side?
    If so which bridge should I remove again?

Thanks for any suggestions what to try!
    (BTW, Bluetooth headset; built-in mic, phone and speaker; and the Seidio data connector audio adapter all still work fine, so it is not a complete disaster.)
    Last edited by Chazar; 04/15/2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234