1.    #1  
    I have just bought a Windows laptop and I was wondring if it is possible to use my Treo 600 as a modem? I did this many years ago with a Nokia under W98 have things improved?
    I haven't done this before, but I believe it is possible with little hassle.

You'll need an IR port on your laptop first and foremost. Secondly, you'll need a carrier with a decent data network and a price plan that won't leave you in the poor house.

The only constraint is making sure that the laptop and Treo stay in IR communication all the time, and that nothing blocks the ports or moves them out of alignment.
    Try PdaNet
  4.    #4  
    Looks good, thanks.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ditto the try PdaNet. I love it. I have been using it for several months on two laptops. I take them up to the mountains where there is cell phone service, but no other internet connection. Before you use your Treo as a modem for any substantial amount of time, check out whether your cell phone service provider charges you extra for that time. I have not incurred any extra charges using PdaNet with Sprint service for a few hours on weekends.
    Yep, PDANet with the USB connection and it'll work. Ben
    Been using PDAnet for almost two years-if you have the Sprint unlimited data plan (I'm under the old plan of $10/mo), I'm able to connect all day, everyday without incurring additional charges. Works wonderfully in places where there's Sprint service but no hot spots! Be the envy of your friends!
    I am a Verizon Wireless subscriber and still using the Treo600 and would LOVE to use my Treo to connect. I have an unlimited data plan, so, anyone know if there is an extra charge? I would think not as long as it utilizes a data mode rather than a Dial mode......

"OK...edit here....need HotSync Manager installed on my PC.. not sure I got this disk when I bought the phone used.

This is my Normal Palm Software?
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    OK.. I have the trial right now...just installed it! Looking good!

Thanks for the info....
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!