1.    #1  
    Figured this deserved its own thread

http://www.geodesiconline.com/htm/p...ecification.htm

Review at Plam Addict wrires

"The versatility of the program is unmatched by any other program out there. The developers over at Geodesic have out done themselves again. And for $29.95, it might be pricey, but is completely worth having.

Overall: 19/20
    Style: 20/20
    Usablity: 20/20
    Ease of use: 16/20 -- Takes a little time to master, but not too hard.
    Bang for buck: 18/20 -- a little expensive.
    Feature quality: 20/20
    Coolness: 20/20
    Helpfulness: 20/20
    I didn't know I needed this until now factor: 20/20"
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Methinks the Palm Addict reviewer is a mite easy to impress.

Mundu is an OK messenger program, but I wouldn't quite rate it as high as he/she did.
  3.    #3  
    I don't understand the concept of IM myself so I ahve never tried any of them desktop or handheld...... "let's see how many other opportunities can I give peeps to pester me " .... but I figure the more options out there, the better it is for everyone.
    Can you use more than one sign on name for each messenger (ie 2. AIM accts)? I seem to remember than Mundu doesnt do that, but I could be wrong...
    Last time I tried Mundu 3 all it did was break wind.

Crashed at the slighest provication.. Switching applications, receiving a call, sometimes receiving a message, etc.. And the GUI is ugly, lots of non-functional wasted screen space, etc..
    And the link doesn't work...
  7.    #7  
    Whole site appears to be down, try this

http://www.munduwireless.com/
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Last time I tried Mundu 3 all it did was break wind.

Crashed at the slighest provication.. Switching applications, receiving a call, sometimes receiving a message, etc.. And the GUI is ugly, lots of non-functional wasted screen space, etc..
    maybe it's like those guys in Redmond, somehow at version 3 they finally get it half right
    erm, it was 3 that I tried, unless there is a 3.x now. Website looks like it is up to 3.1 but I doubt much as changed, to be honest. I emailed support over several repeatable crashes and never got a response back from them.

Maybe I'll try the new version, but don't have much faith.
    Hmmm. It looks - what's the word I'm looking for... Um - stinky. The GUI looks just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209
    Hmmm. It looks - what's the word I'm looking for... Um - stinky. The GUI looks just awful.
    It doesn't just look awful - it looks FAWFUL(f*cking awful)...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Just installed it today, and this is what I think so far.

- Does not keep me logged in like the program says it will.
    - I set it to show a pop-up when new messages arrive, and it doesn't
    - I set it to vibrate on mew messages and it doesn't
    - If I am in a different app, it will beep for the first message only. When I go to the message, it will only show the first text sent, so if someone sent me more then one line of text, only the first one appears.
    - The program does not show you who is idle or away

I'm sure I will find more issues as I use it more. I may have to find some way of getting Verichat for my 680.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    And what I found using many different IM's is this... it seems that only Causerie and Verichat took messages from people using Trillian appropriately. When I tried out IM+ and Mundu, both sent either blank messages or messages filled with garbage text when it was sent from a friend using trillian.

For that reason alone I have had to stay away from IM+ or Mundu.
    crap IM, there is no other like Verichat, sad to see it go......
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    How does Chatopus stack up with the others? Seems to have a clean and efficient interface from screen-shots.
    I would buy mundu if:

1: get rid of the space on the right and the bottom. I dont need a home button there on the left, nor a "power off" at the bottom! wastes space.
    instead integrate the home button on the top of the conversations screen.

2: i cant use the home (hard key, to return to applications) button on the 680. Also the vibration feature doesnt work.

3: The tree that displays the contacts, WASTES a lot of screen real estate. just use a flat list! its not a desktop screen.

4: add google talk/jabber support with background ssl ok? hey can dream a bit cant i?

having said this, Mundu comes the closest to what i can use. IM+'s interface sucks. Mundu could do better in this regard, but it has nice features(auto reply and all) IM+ wouldnt let me even set custom status msgs.

I could never get a chance to use verichat. I hate nokia for doing that. If you dont want to support it, sell it!!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net