Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I really like PdaReach but ....

When using the web browser, Blazer, that comes with the Treo 650, and using PdaReach, my Treo resets after viewing a few web sites. The behavior is not totally consistent. Some times it works for quite awhile before a reset, sometimes it resets after viewing a couple of web sites. Blazer does not cause resets when I'm using it without PdaReach active.

I'm using my GSM Treo 650 on Cingular and have installed the ROM update from Palm that gives firmware 1.51 and software "Treo650-1.17-CNB". My phone was originally locked to the old AT&T but I had it unlocked (not with a ROM change).

Blazer is version 4.3.2. I've tried changing the Blazer cache size, anywhere from .5MB to 3MB with no change in the reset behavior.

I'm not running any hacks but I do have a number of 3rd party apps installed: Audible, eReader, MobiPocket, MobiTV, pTunes, Splashblog, TCPMP, BugMe, mVoice, Adobe Reader, Documents to Go, eWallet.

I have the following system-type apps installed: KBLights, LEDOff, PowerRun, Volume Care, Card Export, and, of course, PdaReach. I've tried deactivating these and no change in behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman
    I really like PdaReach but ....

When using the web browser, Blazer, that comes with the Treo 650, and using PdaReach, my Treo resets after viewing a few web sites. The behavior is not totally consistent. Some times it works for quite awhile before a reset, sometimes it resets after viewing a couple of web sites. Blazer does not cause resets when I'm using it without PdaReach active.

I'm using my GSM Treo 650 on Cingular and have installed the ROM update from Palm that gives firmware 1.51 and software "Treo650-1.17-CNB". My phone was originally locked to the old AT&T but I had it unlocked (not with a ROM change).

Blazer is version 4.3.2. I've tried changing the Blazer cache size, anywhere from .5MB to 3MB with no change in the reset behavior.

I'm not running any hacks but I do have a number of 3rd party apps installed: Audible, eReader, MobiPocket, MobiTV, pTunes, Splashblog, TCPMP, BugMe, mVoice, Adobe Reader, Documents to Go, eWallet.

I have the following system-type apps installed: KBLights, LEDOff, PowerRun, Volume Care, Card Export, and, of course, PdaReach. I've tried deactivating these and no change in behavior.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Hi,

Sorry, I am unable to answer your question but since you asked about PdaReach I thought I might ask if you could take a look at this thread and see if you can figure out what I am doing wrong.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...70&postcount=1

Any information would be appreciated.

Moppet52
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Found the answer. I'm now using Resco's free utility "Rlock" to lock/keep PdaReach locked into the dbcache storage area. Evidently my resets while using PdaReach were because the Palm OS was trying to free dbcache space to load a web page or another application. Now after 1 day it seems solid as a rock. Thanks to all those in the Treo 650 forum that gave guidance on using the dbcache tool (it didn't help at all) and finally Rlock !