1.    #1  
    Spring is in the air, and I'm looking forward to taking the Goldwing out of winter storage.

I'm considering getting a Bluetooth motorcycle helmet kit. Anyone have any experience with these?

The only 2 brands I found were from Mototola, and Cardo.

Curious about quality (sound & durability), ease of installation, ease of recharging...

Thanks in advance!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I have been using my Sony-Ericsson HBH-662 inside my helmet. Makes it a bit awkward putting helmet on and taking it off. Depending on speed and crosswind I sometimes get too much noise and people can't hear me clearly so I have to slow down or pull over but most of the time it is ok.

Wouldn't mind hearing how effective the noise cancelling is on both the units you mentioned.
    Since most riders wear glasses, the Oakley / Motorola Razrwire seems worth a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Since most riders wear glasses, the Oakley / Motorola Razrwire seems worth a look.
    Those do look sweet but when you are just walking around in regular clothes, they appear to be too much.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Dainese makes a few helmets with BT built in http://www.dainese.com/ I haven't tried them though.... They list the 650 as compatible
  6.    #6  
    I don't think those would fit under a helmet. And if you mean without a helmet, I would think the wind noise would make them useless.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

7.    #7  
    Found these on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4625815108
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9703512778

Looking for a dedicated helmet set. Needs to be rechargeable, preferably with a cigarette lighter. I would not want something that requires drilling the helmet, which may destroy the helmet's integrity.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Those do look sweet but when you are just walking around in regular clothes, they appear to be too much.
    You can pop off the BT thingie if you don't wanna look like Lt. Ohura.
    I once considered being connected to my phone and received some good advice from fellow riders. Those of us that ride know all to well the consquences of the cagers with a phone in their ear changing lanes without looking. We don't get a dinged fender or bent bumper - getting off with just road rash is considered fortunate.
    Riding at full alert is a must for me. I have voice mail, email and txt to stay plenty connected and can check messages when I stop for fuel. I ride as much to escape the office and enjoy the feeling of freedom it affords me.
    After brought to my attention, the next questions were - Do you really want to be that connected and is a momentary lapse of concentration worth it?
    I have yet to see any articles or hear comments on rider safety that think being on the phone while riding is a good idea. I ride around 10K a year, I've yet to miss a call that was so important I couldn't call them back at the next stop. OK..I'm off my soap box now. Ride Often - Ride Safe!
    Yea you are right, I never use my phone while riding. But I do listen to music which is why a bluetooth helmet that can play music is what I'm looking for...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoGreg
    I once considered being connected to my phone and received some good advice from fellow riders. Those of us that ride know all to well the consquences of the cagers with a phone in their ear changing lanes without looking. We don't get a dinged fender or bent bumper - getting off with just road rash is considered fortunate.
    Riding at full alert is a must for me. I have voice mail, email and txt to stay plenty connected and can check messages when I stop for fuel. I ride as much to escape the office and enjoy the feeling of freedom it affords me.
    After brought to my attention, the next questions were - Do you really want to be that connected and is a momentary lapse of concentration worth it?
    I have yet to see any articles or hear comments on rider safety that think being on the phone while riding is a good idea. I ride around 10K a year, I've yet to miss a call that was so important I couldn't call them back at the next stop. OK..I'm off my soap box now. Ride Often - Ride Safe!
    I agree with you 100% on the safety issue. As a former cop & paramedic, I've seen my share of motorcycle accidents first hand. I was a certified instructor for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
    But I am quite adept at multi-tasking.
    As summer approaches, I will be on my bike more and more. Looking for a way to be safe & connected. Quality counts. I looking for the good stuff.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

You can pop off the BT thingie if you don't wanna look like Lt. Ohura.
    LOL-well if you are going to do that, then just buy a regular pair of oakleys.

(To be fair, I am ALWAYS walking around my my moto 820 in my ear...so Im not too worried about the way I look.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Until someone figures out a way to initiate a voice dial via a BT headset on these Treo 650s, I would not even consider using BT while riding as you would have to have your phone easily accessible. Before I switched to a Treo, I could keep a phone with BT voice dial capabilities inside my leathers and initiate or answer a call through the BT headset.

Now it is rare I would ride with a headset, but when I did I could only do it with a full face helmet which let the chin section lift up (eg, Shoei Syncrotecs) to access the headset.
    This is probably the best bluetooth helmet money can buy, but it's not DOT approved and can be bought in Canada and Europe only: http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/i...mhelmet_5.html
    I am drooling over it and thinking of ordering it from Canada. With bluetooth module installed, it costs a lot though.
    You can always set your treo on handsfree and it will pick up after a few rings.

I don't get the need to be on the phone so much. I ride daily and if these sets were compatible with AD2P so I could listen to music I'd be all over it.
    Here is a short article about the helmet I mentioned: http://bluetoothlounge.com/new-devic...etooth-helmet/
    Nice! AD2P supported.... now I wish I never saw that helmet....ME WANT
    Quote Originally Posted by grigory76
    Here is a short article about the helmet I mentioned: http://bluetoothlounge.com/new-devic...etooth-helmet/
    Heh. Article mentions possible MSRP is 910.00 USD...

But knowing BMW makes great bikes, I'm sure that helmet will be really really nice.
  19.    #19  
    Resurrecting an old thread. Still looking for a good quality bluetooth motorcycle helmet kit. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

I've got the Cardo Scala headsets (Teamset) for bluetooth intercome between rider and passenger. The headsets also allow receipt of cell phone calls, and I've had a few calls while riding via my Treo 750.

The unit does not allow you to initiate calls, so you must pull over to initiate a call. I have voice enabled calling on the phone, but its not supported via the Cardo headsets.

The Cardo headsets have gotten some good reviews for their ability to block wind noise, and increase the volume as wind noise increases (higher speeds). Also, I noticed that the TomTom Rider now ships with the Cardo headsets to integrate GPS for the motorcycle.