1.    #1  
    I'm getting my new G5 (dual 2GHz) in the mail today. I just bought a bluetooth USB device, but haven't had any luck syncing w/ my current mac. I tried for hours & posted on this site, but to no avail.
    The question is, can I sync my Treo 650 w/ iSync without having any palm software installed on the computer?
    I don't need Missing Sync, but may end up buying it if Palm's software continues not to work via bluetooth. Thanks guys & gals.
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Lucky. Enjoy your new machine.

You can't sync your Palm with only the included iSync without palms software (HotSync). If you buy Missing Sync then you don't need HotSync at all.

Missing Sync 5 is great, so long as you know how to backup your data.
  3.    #3  
    Is there a trial version for Missing Sync. I swore my friend had a 30 day trial last month, but I can't find it on Mark/Space's website. Thanks!

PS-i LOVE the new machine!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Yeah there is a trial. It's just kind of hard to find. What you need to do is to go to the Mark/Space update page and download the "update." This is because the updates are actually the full version of the software. It should then give you 30 days to evaluate the product.

Personally I can't understand why they don't advertise this. I wouldn't have bought the software without trying it first. It's really great stuff though.

I don't really know what JackNaylorPE was trying to say in his post, but maybe he was saying that with the new Universal Binary that this method doesn't work anymore. As I own the software, I haven't checked.

Good luck with it.
    Missing sync and a new mac make for a very smooth treo 650 experience.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    Missing sync and a new mac make for a very smooth treo 650 experience.

Good luck.
    Having just moved from windows I tend to agree, but, we don't have the updater 1.20 yet, itunes doesn't work as well as realone did for me - I have a lot of spoken cd's that I want to put on an sd card, but most tracks are called track 1, track 2 etc, and the itunes conduit appears to overwrite with the last one installed, so it syncs all the itunes playlists, but only leaves not many on. Still looking to se if there is a work around.

I love my iMac, but having used windows for too long - 14+ years, finding things which I know the imac should do is a steep learning curve.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201