Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why the connector type audio adapter from Seidio has a cabled dongle? I would have thought a small all in one design without the dongle would be better. More secure. Less likely to kink. Less likely to short out? Maybe even design it with a pass through for synching/charging. Maybe, just maybe a mini-usb connector to make it more user friendly (to charge/synch).
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    well, I have only been a treonaut for a few weeks but as I understand it the audio connector on the Treo is the achilles heel - it breaks easily. The Seidio is made like a dongle to lessen the "load" on the connector port.
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaTex
    well, I have only been a treonaut for a few weeks but as I understand it the audio connector on the Treo is the achilles heel - it breaks easily. The Seidio is made like a dongle to lessen the "load" on the connector port.
    Exactly right. I use this audio connector and have not had any problems or issues with it.
    quick question...whats a dongle?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    quick question...whats a dongle?

a dongle is an adapter or cable that you connect to a device. like a bluetooth adapter for your laptop, or an audio adapter for your treo that allows you to connect to a standard mini plug.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    That's not what bothers me about this adapter.. It is the cable connection that bothers me..
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Ok, why no comments from the people at Seidio?