View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to a new 700p

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a heartbeat on day one

150 53.57%
  • Maybe not, but will see how it goes

84 30.00%
  • I am content with 650 for my needs. Dont need to spend the extra cash.

28 10.00%
  • Will wait for the next OS upgrade

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Didn't vote 'cause there's no option for: Will get it, but after they release a second revision (like the Treo 650's Revision A, B, and C hardware).
    I am going WM5 as soon as it is released in a Treo GSM version. No more POS for me. We have exchange at my office and the 8125 I had worked PERFECTLY with the wireless updates, e-mail....etc.
    Yes...but not right away. Maybe later in the year.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    I was talking about Digital SLR that use SD cards, I don't know what you are talking about.
    I can use my mini SD card in a digital SLR camera. The mini SD cards come with a sleeve adapter which allows them to work in regular SD slots. So this is not an issue. My Sony takes a memory stick pro which also came with sleeve which makes it a regular memory stick when needed.
    Why are people still posting in this thread, and how come it hasn't been merged with the other one yet??

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I discovered that I don't have EVDO coverage in my home town. Hopefully it will get here soon. But for now, I am hanging on to my 650.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Won't get 700p until EVDO is available in my area, which should be sometime this summer...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Proud owner of a PPC6700. My Treo days go back to the 180 I got in suburban DC (I think it was April 15, 2002), 270, 300, 600, 650 and now the 6700. If Palm puts the total package together I will be back but I have to admit the WM5 environment is pretty much perfect for my wants and needs. Picture mail is not important to me and I hardly ever SMS. I don't see the need for SMS when email is free and you are not limited to 160 characters (and you can attach pictures if needed).
    7. Too late, already moved to darkside (but DO want to see Hollywood).

I feel the same about my Cingular 8125, and I've been a Treo guy since the Sprint 300 and Palmster since the PalmPilot Pro. I've almost never used Picturemail and SMS, since email through our MS Server 2003 works great even in "pull" mode, and attachments are seamless. The coming push upgrade (the one REAL downside of Cingular; Sprint Treo 650 users had their SECOND ROM upgrade before we got our first) will make it even better. For now, if you have unlimited text messaging, you can get push now. For me, checking a server every 10-15 minutes is good enough (I'm not a doctor, so no one's going to die during that "lengthy" delay - I've been beat up on other threads as a Luddite retard for not insisting on BB instant gratification by Gordon Gecko wannabes).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why are people still posting in this thread, and how come it hasn't been merged with the other one yet??

Confused myself
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)

you are right. could we please hold off on making new threads everytime we thing of something. Chances are it would be fitting to post your thoughts in one of the hundred other "700p release date", "will you get this", or "why doesnt this device that is not even out do this" threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I can use my mini SD card in a digital SLR camera. The mini SD cards come with a sleeve adapter which allows them to work in regular SD slots. So this is not an issue. My Sony takes a memory stick pro which also came with sleeve which makes it a regular memory stick when needed.

We know that, we just don't want to use miniSD. Yeah I discriminate against miniSD card, you happy now?

Not to mention a miniSD+adopter is much slower than a SD card on a decent camera.

Not to mention I can use the SD/USB card and dump the files to a HDD base PMP (like the AV700) directly.
    <merged>
    Just call me Berd.
    If it is actually released anytime soon ........... NO. The upgrade is too minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I discovered that I don't have EVDO coverage in my home town. Hopefully it will get here soon. But for now, I am hanging on to my 650.
    I'm in the same boat. No EVDO where I live (Springfield, IL). I've learned to manage the 650's memory (or lack thereof) to my satisfaction and really don't care about the camera. They'll need to improve the form factor (slim it down) or add something pretty spectacular to pry the 650 from me.

I hit the triangle thingie for 4 of them requesting a merge. Maybe all the mods busy merging "My wife's uncle, knows a .... 700p threads".
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I hit the triangle thingie for 4 of them requesting a merge. Maybe all the mods busy merging "My wife's uncle, knows a .... 700p threads".
    Same.

POST IN THE ONE WITH THE POLL !!

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am going WM5 as soon as it is released in a Treo GSM version. No more POS for me. We have exchange at my office and the 8125 I had worked PERFECTLY with the wireless updates, e-mail....etc.

Sad to see you go to WM, but I hope it works out for you. You may want to check out Chatter in the meantime -- he's (re)released an OWA-plugin that can hook up to your exchange server via its OWA presence on the web. That is, if it's set up that way. But it could help you out in the meantime.

Man, that's one thing that would hold me back on Palm for a while -- I'd need a version of Chatter on WM!!!
    Well -- 80 people want one enough to vote yes or maybe.

TreoCentral should get the Sprint folks to send over 100 or so for field testing to those that voted so.

Say, by this Friday?

Last edited by gtwo; 03/29/2006 at 12:30 PM.
    Will upgrade only if it has Wi-Fi AND Multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by betaozen
    Will upgrade only if it has Wi-Fi AND Multitasking.
    That's scheduled for the Treo 999P, with ALPO II, due out in 2012. Of course, by then, WiFi will be off to 802.11z, which is backwardly incompatible with the the Treo 999P 802.11b.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast