View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to a new 700p

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a heartbeat on day one

150 53.57%
  • Maybe not, but will see how it goes

84 30.00%
  • I am content with 650 for my needs. Dont need to spend the extra cash.

28 10.00%
  • Will wait for the next OS upgrade

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I'm still irked at all the issues I had to go through with my 650.

I'll wait, and read the posts here for problems.

Key for me will be the few software apps I use being available and whether it is a better phone than the 650
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I kept seeing your post in this thread comment on my screen...
    Sorry, just teasing. Was trying to keep the thread with poll as the main one of the three, therefore kept deleting and re-bumping. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    7. Depends on the officially announced specifications and if WiFi isn't one of those specs, the Sony-Ericsson P990 will be my future device provided they release one for North America.
    That bothers me too. But I think I may get one anyway IF they can get out a UMTS version for GSM, the memory increases, and the screen resolution is the same or better. I can sell the 650 to help pay for it. Then after that, if they can't figure out how to include wi-fi in future Palm OS Treos, then there will indeed be no more in my future because they had no problem putting the option on the WM version!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'll upgrade when it becomes available depending on price. I have no contract with Sprint, so I'm expecting a discount. When I sell my 650 on Ebay it should be a minor net expense, maybe $150-$200.
    for my needs, I think the 650 will hold me over for a while... I hope... maybe not???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sorry, just teasing. Was trying to keep the thread with poll as the main one of the three, therefore kept deleting and re-bumping. . . . .
    Sure, tell the truth you were in the tattoo parlor getting the 700P tattood on your forehead and Munk Boys avatar tattood on.....
    help me understand the Mini SD issue? Munk Man with the ROM upgrade the direct push works great. Not as feature rich as chatter. Wish Mark would write chatter for WM5.

Are you listening Mark??? Whole new market out there to be money ($$) made from.
    You would understand if you have a decent camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    You would understand if you have a decent camera.
    It is a 2 mp camera ifyou go in and change the settings. They did correct most all the camera issues with the ROM upgrade so the camera is fine. I would only use this for incidental pictures not for keepers.
    Have PPC6700 absolutly hate it, hate wm. Will upgrade for PalmOS and EVDO dont care about anything else. If my last treo 650 had EVDO i would stick with it till today.

P.S. My friend had PPC6700 and he got so tired and agrevated by it he held his phone infront of him and kicked it like a football... twice!!! I WANT TREO 700P NOW
    I could say no, but I really mean yes.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I don't see the need for SMS when email is free and you are not limited to 160 characters (and you can attach pictures if needed).
    You can SMS a phone number, it's quicker than email. Plus if all your friends are SMSing you, it's only natural to SMS back.
    Maybe, but I don't have a friend that works for Sprint so I'm still waiting on official specs. Guess I could make up something like many others.
    I think i'll put my answer in a new thread.
    I will upgrade as soon as I see a good price for it. Probably what?? a few weeks later or so. If it wasn't for the money I would upgrade right a way.

Al
    I can't remember what I said at the other thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    I would only buy a 700P if it is a GSM unlocked device. From the sound of everything, it doesn't look like there will be a 700P GSM.

maybe
    verizon gets 700w
    sprint 700p?
    cingular Hollywood (WM5)?
    Unlocked/Tmobile lowrider?

yikes..........
    It is a 2 mp camera ifyou go in and change the settings. They did correct most all the camera issues with the ROM upgrade so the camera is fine. I would only use this for incidental pictures not for keepers.
    I was talking about Digital SLR that use SD cards, I don't know what you are talking about.
    Nope.

I would consider the Hollywood if it had good specs. I want a no-antenna model with tons of memory. Thin, too. Hollywood might be it.
    I will consider switching back (cant beat the form factor) but I won't be an early adopter.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

If they release a HSDPA version I'm there.

Key feature of HSDPA: Phone and internet at the SAME time. Something EVDO just doesn't have.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast