View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to a new 700p

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • In a heartbeat on day one

150 53.57%
  • Maybe not, but will see how it goes

84 30.00%
  • I am content with 650 for my needs. Dont need to spend the extra cash.

28 10.00%
  • Will wait for the next OS upgrade

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am waiting for the unlocked GSM model, but I need the extra memory for those !@#$%^& programs that don't run from a card, like epocrates.
    Merlyn, why is a mini SD a bad thing? I have used mine and it has been flawless. Also the 6700 is .12 inches thicker then a Treo. How does that make it "so big."

Oppppsss, sorry for the thread hijacking. This test of the emergency broadcast system is done. If this had been a real Treo Release Alert you would have been instructed when and where to go for offcial information. This has been a false alert.

Now back to your regular thread topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Lean back, WM5 still has a way's to go in my opinion, and the form factor of the 6700 leaves a lot to be desired, esp since it's so big and doesn't ahve a full sized SD card slot.

On a side note, why are there 4 threads about this?
    I've been a PPC user for years, and prefer the OS ever so slightly to P/OS. The 6700 is not that big to me, in fact it's slightly smaller than my current Toshiba 755, or any other PPC device I've had. The only thing keeping me from the 6700 now is the miniSD, and my Chatter addiction.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    help me understand the Mini SD issue? Munk Man with the ROM upgrade the direct push works great. Not as feature rich as chatter. Wish Mark would write chatter for WM5.

Are you listening Mark??? Whole new market out there to be money ($$) made from.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    help me understand the Mini SD issue? Munk Man with the ROM upgrade the direct push works great. Not as feature rich as chatter. Wish Mark would write chatter for WM5.

Are you listening Mark??? Whole new market out there to be money ($$) made from.
    MiniSD is an issue because I'll have to buy them. I already have a collection of SD, CF, and Memory Sticks. I don't have an issue with the format itself, just the fact that it's an added cost.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    ok, I was wondering what I was missing with you and Merlyn dissin the MiniSD.
    Merlyn, why is a mini SD a bad thing? I have used mine and it has been flawless. Also the 6700 is .12 inches thicker then a Treo. How does that make it "so big."

Oppppsss, sorry for the thread hijacking. This test of the emergency broadcast system is done. If this had been a real Treo Release Alert you would have been instructed when and where to go for offcial information. This has been a false alert.

I've tried the 6700 3 times, and I just can't get used to the size and certain things about the UI. Granted the SW update makes it LOADS better and quicker, I still don't like it because SMSing seems too poor for what a smartphone should be able to do. Also no native picturemail even after the update (and the hack only partially works, I always use the "upload" option on my phone to just upload them into my picmail account). I can't browse my online albums like I could on any other phone (700p will be able to do this also). I love that it'll charge though a standard USB cable, but hate the battery life (I found it to be pretty poor), screen doesn't compare to, say, the Samsung A900 or the Treo. The phone also feels relatively cheap to me. Add to that that the phone is larger than most other smartphones and some PDAs, you would think they'd have room for an SD card slot instead of miniSD. Why? Well my camera takes SD, my card reader is SD, any other PDAs are SD. I don't want to use a minisd with adapter, cuz I'd need to make sure to carry that adapter around with me everywhere. MiniSD was a mistake in general though, I know they needed something to fill the gap before MicroSD/Transflash, but they should get rid of it completely in all new products and force manufacturers to use either Full SD (in all PDAs, cameras, smartphones, laptops) and MicroSD (in all phones and tiny devices with no room for regular SD).

The reason I'm looking forward to the 700p aside from the obvious HW features like EVDO, cam, more memory, better reception, forced roaming, is because from what I saw, sprint is treating the treo 700p as a phone like all their others. It will have SprintTV (thus free clips, sirius satellite radio, etc), it will have full blown PictureMail with the ability to browse your albums through a dedicated palm app, AND sprint has even gone to far as to say (assuming that photocopied release doc is accurate) On Demand. On Demand uses GPS for a few of its features (like maps). If this is the case, that means that there will be a way to use the Treo 700p's onboard GPS for something other than E911. Add to that Sprint's announcement today for Find It, which only further proves that they are pushing strong into the GPS/LBS area, that only gives us more hope for the sprint version of the treo 700p.

To Sprint, the Treo 700p will likely be a Power Vision Multimedia Smartphone, it'll be like a hybrid between smartphones and regular MM phones, having the distinctive features of both.

Note: this is my observation based on what I've seen, read, and heard about the Treo 700p, I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm that far off.
    ok, I was wondering what I was missing with you and Merlyn dissin the MiniSD.
    Exactly, what's the point of a standard if you have 3 different size formats now? They should only have a large (SD Card) and a small (MicroSD Card) and get rid of MiniSD in all new devices completely to phase it out.
    I might
    I might
    Just call me Berd.
    Perry you are being repetitive
    Where?

What phone do you have gharrod?
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Absolutly
    I want EVDO but not WM
    I'll wait until those of you who can't wait check it out. But if it seems to be reliable, and EVDO is a fast as it should be, you betcha.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    What phone do you have gharrod?
    Proud owner of a PPC6700. My Treo days go back to the 180 I got in suburban DC (I think it was April 15, 2002), 270, 300, 600, 650 and now the 6700. If Palm puts the total package together I will be back but I have to admit the WM5 environment is pretty much perfect for my wants and needs. Picture mail is not important to me and I hardly ever SMS. I don't see the need for SMS when email is free and you are not limited to 160 characters (and you can attach pictures if needed).
    7. Depends on the officially announced specifications and if WiFi isn't one of those specs, the Sony-Ericsson P990 will be my future device provided they release one for North America.
    ---
    Handspring Visor Pro + Samsung 8500 (Sprint PCS) -> Handspring Treo 600 (Sprint PCS) -> Palm Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Sony-Ericsson P990 if S-E releases a North-America version
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Where?
    I kept seeing your post in this thread comment on my screen...
    did everyone see Nokia released their BB Connect piece?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Yes!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast