Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mpod

"mPod is currently available in BETA version only. After 15 days the trial period will be over and the BETA version will cease to function. Comments and suggestions in regard to the beta version can be submitted by using the form found below.

mPod turns your Treo into a truly portable MP3 player with 4 different interface modes allowing for maximum flexibility according to your preference:

Mini wheel - for quick action and compact use.

Wheel - Full screen, fully interactive navigational wheel.

Vertical mode - simplicity and efficiency.

Classical - true, tested and familiar PalmOS user interface.

On top of this mPod also features quick navigation through any menu using the Treo keyboard."
    Nice app. Going to test the sound quality when I get home.
    wow I wish they'd come up with a skin for ptunes that does what mPod does. This app lacks streaming audion then it'll have ptunes beat.
    Treoing & Loving it
    no way is apple going to let this app exist for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I would tend to agree.

And how about some originality? Crap, I don't have any desire to skin my iPod to look like a Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    They haven't, in the past. There was a software called pPod for the pocket pc that was pulled by apple. check. "Due to legal pressure from Apple we are no longer able to distribute this application" Here's a screenshot.

At the time, though (Feb 2004), that application created lots of headlines. Seems now, years later, such an app doesn't make so much noise. And it's not the interface that makes ipods great (it is nice), I think it's the iTunes love connection Love my ipod
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    this is a cool app. i like it. I just wish there was a way to stop mp3 play in th ebackground. Like if you are on blazer. If its $10 i'll buy it. It doesn't have enough features. Add xm or internet radio and it would be smokin. Nice interface guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Nice interface guys.

yeah...kudos APPLE
    Sound quality seems crispier than ptunes. But needs an EQ. Interface looks nice but not as user friendly.
    you are right the sound quality is a little better than Ptunes, streaming will definatley make jump ship to mpod
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    So I guess it won't link up w/ ITunes eventhough it looks like it? That's what I need.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  12.    #12  
    Yeah imagine if they let say a desktop OS maker copy their window like interface.
    I'd have to agree with dutchtrumpet and the rest of you who agreed with him. That's the second thing I thought of when reading this article (the first being that the app looks pretty cool, even to someone who has never used an iPod).
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Didn't Apple recently patent a virtual click wheel similar to what this mPod player has for when the go to the rumored 16:9 video iPod?

I don't see this lasting long unless they remove the iPod skin.
    In the review of this beta software the reviewer spent so much time complaining about the lack of an equalizer and the inadequacy of HD based MP3 players that they never got to many important features. I mean come on, is an equalizer really that important anyway? If i'm gonna listen to the thing it will prolly be through my car stereo which has a reasonable selection of presets who needs one in the software.

But my real issue is that the reviewer never mentions features like being able to play in the background, termination of music when a call comes in or even whether playlists work. And the suggestion that this software will ever play music purchased from the iTMS is ridiculous.

Anyone using this software care to speak to its actual features?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    dunno...try the existing thread.
    <merged & moved>
    Apple is violating at least two patents with the IPod. One by Creaive Labs for that hierarchial menu navigation system. If you ever wondered why the Creative Zen interface is so similar to the IPod's its because Apple "borrowed" it.

The other patent is by a guy named John Platt for similar reasons.

A quick 'Net search on "ipod patent trouble" returns numerous hits.

Here's one link on Forbes
    http://www.forbes.com/facesinthenews...acescan01.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    wow I wish they'd come up with a skin for ptunes that does what mPod does. This app lacks streaming audion then it'll have ptunes beat.
    There IS an iPod skin out there for pTunes.

I tried mPod out, but until it supports more audio types than just MP3, and supports streaming audio, I'll stick with pTunes.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    In the review of this beta software the reviewer spent so much time complaining about the lack of an equalizer and the inadequacy of HD based MP3 players that they never got to many important features. I mean come on, is an equalizer really that important anyway?
    Yes, it is that important anyway.

Do I need to explain why?

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast