1.    #1  
    It's Tuesday 10:45am in Los Angeles and Verichat has just stopped working AGAIN. it was working fine up until about an hour ago. I get the "Error PPP Timeout (0x1231)" message. Before this error i was getting "cannot connect to MSN IM" which I have never used. Strictly an AIM user. WTF?

Any other T650 Sprint users in Los Angeles confirm this? I wouldn't be as irritated by this if Verichat was not my most used app and if I didn't pay for it.

What does the area have to do with it? VeriChat is a global server, doesn't matter where you are.

I just signed into everything on VeriChat. I've noticed that I fall "off" VeriChat (always on/SMS mode) quite often, and sometimes can't connect in Data mode.

I think you just hit it at a time when it was offline.. Rebooting, who know what they're doing.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the info. i didn't know how verichat's server worked.

i still cannot connect though. this hasn't happened since january. it seems like this is the same thing that happened here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&page=1&pp=20
    Odd.. Just tried again here, seems okay.. Do you have a desktop that's online with the same id maybe?

I'm pretty new to VeriChat, and besides it falling offline sometimes, it's worked pretty well for me so far.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah. I've tried connecting about 40 times since 10:45am this morning. Unfortunately i'm at work so I don't have a desktop to try using AIM/AIM express (company blocks IM, hence the reason Verichat is my most used app). I'm sure it's a Verichat issue though. As I said earlier I was using it since 8:45am this morning and everything was fine.

I agree. It's worked pretty well for me too, but since the last issue in January that i linked above, i have reason to believe that it's causing my treo to soft reset quite a bit. But that's whole differnt thread. I can live with that just as long as i'm able to connect and chat.
  6.    #6  
    Just confirmed with a friend (T650 Verizon) in the LA area also that his Verichat is down too.
    East Los Angeles Area Sprint Treo 650, working well. No problems for me....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  8.    #8  
    thanks rev! i'm on the border of carthay circle/beverly hills. my friend is in santa monica. both of us have no service for verichat.

anyone from pdapps want to comment?
    Last edited by one2ku; 03/28/2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by one2ku
    thanks rev! i'm on the border of carthay circle/beverly hills. my friend is in santa monica. both of us have no service for verichat.

anyone from pdapps want to comment?
    That's nuts....I wonder why it's not working for you. Weather, maybe?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  10.    #10  
    yeah. so nuts. that was my initial thought, the rain or something.
  11.    #11  
    so i got on the phone with sprint after work and solved it. it was the visions on my phone that had to be reset. the tech walked me through some steps at first where i punched in a few numbers and pressed ## but that didn't seem to work.

in the end it seemed that a soft reset did the trick. still strange that it just stopped working this morning. also weird that my friends verichat was not working either but he's on verizon.

must just be the rain.

thanks all
  12.    #12  
    because of this issue, i had a chance to use aim express at work and school on a pc. i have GREAT concern though that somebody somehow has my username password for aim. i have no idea how this could have happened.

every time i'm on aim express, i get a pop-up alert that says i have been logged off because i have been logged on somewhere esle. it gives me two options. i believe they are quit or re-connect.

on my treo650 (sprint) the verichat settings are NOT set to allow connections from other locations. this happens anytime i use aim express from my work pc and school pc both using the firefox browser.

can anyone help me out with tips or experiences with this? i know quite a few people who use aim express the same way and have never had this problem.

the only way i can change my password would be to download the aim/aol client which is the last thing i want to do. i use a mac with ichat (don't flame me) at home and don't have download privileges at work or school.

is there a possiblity that someone can get your password from the treo + verichat? i'm gettin paranoid here even thinking the IT's at work have something to do with this.

any help MUCH appreciated.