1.    #1  
    ok so on my 650 I can't delete or Purge certain text messages and two of them say they are unread. And now every timer I get a txt message the whole phone reboots. So I tried a soft reset, I updated the ROM, then I tried a hard reset which fixes the problem... HOWEVER when I hot Sync all the text messages go back. Is there any way to Hotsync after the hard reset but only update tasks, calendar, and contacts without updating the text messages?
    Just download FileZ (its free) and delete the sms database file. It has become corrupted and is causing the reset loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Andrew
    ok so on my 650 I can't delete or Purge certain text messages and two of them say they are unread. And now every timer I get a txt message the whole phone reboots. So I tried a soft reset, I updated the ROM, then I tried a hard reset which fixes the problem... HOWEVER when I hot Sync all the text messages go back. Is there any way to Hotsync after the hard reset but only update tasks, calendar, and contacts without updating the text messages?
    If you wanna keep all your apps also you could go into the palm backup folder and delete the messages database. now when you hotsync everything will be restored but your messages database. Usinf filez will remove the problem from your Treo, but when you hotsync it will return thats why is best to just delete it from the the palm backup folder. If you just want your task, calendar, memos and contacts then go to the palm folder and remove the entire backup folder. now when you sync only your PIM data will return
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thats weird Franko When I delete things from my Treo and then sync they stay deleted which is exactly what I would expect it to do. I would hate it if my PC tried to overide my decisions all the time.