1.    #1  
    I've been using the Files application from the Palm T5 on my Treo and it works great for browsing files on my SD card. The most useful function is that I can directly open Word and Excel files. They open using Documents to Go, but the Files application is a much easier way to find my files rather than use the cumbersome Docs to Go interface.

My question is how to get other applications to open other file types. For example is there a way to open tif files (using Resco Viewer or Acid Image) directly from the Files application. I read on the Palm web site that image files are supposed to open with the built-in Media application but that doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried using the T5 Media app on the Treo

-Dave
    i tried but it gave a localisation error. like the app though, especially after installing e2 internal drive from palmpowerups so i can view and manipulate internal files as well.
    for those no doubt wondering, here are the files:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    How did your install them? They can't be installed into RAM. Did you put them in ROM?
    send them via bluetooth or email. you just cant hotsync them
    My question is how to get other applications to open other file types. For example is there a way to open tif files (using Resco Viewer or Acid Image) directly from the Files application. I read on the Palm web site that image files are supposed to open with the built-in Media application but that doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried using the T5 Media app on the Treo
    I don't know about the T5 file browser, but I do this all the time via Resco Explorer!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Does Resco Explorer let you launch the documents directly or just move them? Can you only launch documents with Resco apps or with any app?
    Resco Explorer will launch default app thats associated with that file. If you have more than 1 program then it normally uses the first program you installed first. For example my mp3s are default to play with MMplayer but I can tap on it to do an "open with.." and then chose ptunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo View Post
    for those no doubt wondering, here are the files:
    My Palm TX reboots when I use blazer and use open file. Not sure why.
    Its related to filebrowserlib. that file enables blazer to display open file.
    I tried a few versions of that file, and a few version of filebrowser same result.