1.    #1  
    I've been having the following problem: many times I try to send and SMS to someone in my Contacts (whether I look them up, or type the number directly), the phone crashes when I try to send the message, and the message disappears - seems to keep happening to the same numbers (although not completely). This didn't happen when I first purchased the phone, but started maybe 2 months after.

My setup: I have an unlocked 650 GSM, bought in Hong Kong, so it's got the built in CJKOS (Chinese language ability). I use the phone in China with a GSM carrier here, and SMS local numbers in China. I sync Contacts with MS Outlook on my PC.

My attempts to fix:
    1. I loaded the latest firmware (1.20?) - still had the problem.
    2. I did a hard reset to erase all third party software and data. After this, I could send SMS messages fine (but of course I had to just enter the phone numbers manually)
    3. I then HotSynced again, which re-loaded my contacts from Outlook. Now, the problem is happening again!
    4. My SIM chip already has some phone numbers stored on it from previous use w/ another phone. I deleted a few of these contacts off the SIM so the numbers weren't duplicated in Contacts. Still had the problem.

When I #*377 it, I get the following message:
    "A reset was caused on 06-3-28 at 11:47am while running "Messaging":
    ../Src/MessageStore.c, Line:1392,
    MessageStoreOpenItem: item open already

What does this mean? I'm pretty much lost as what to do to fix this! I imagine it's some simple setting I need to change or something, but I can't find any info on this problem.

2.    #2  
    Well, after doing more digging on this site, I think I may have found the solution to the problem I posted earlier.

I installed FileZ on my Treo (free) and then used it to find and delete the Messages_Database file. Now it seems that everything is okay!

I'm happy it's working now, although this is obviously a ghetto fix - seems like it's a problem Palm should address in a firmware update at some point? Who knows.

FileZ is attached for anyone who wants to download and install (freeware).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    That's the first time I've heard about having to erase your messages DB! I'll have to give this a try and see if it corrects crashes I get occasionally when using VeriChat and a message comes in via SMS...

Thanks!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!