1.    #1  
    OK..so I just got my 650...and being picky, I wanna know if these things are normal...

There is more light from the screen coming through one side of the silver trim piece on the phone than the other. Like the right side has more space.

When the phone is on, and the backlight goes off while I am talking, I hear a bit of a pop.

And...when the phone is off, but the LED is blinking, I can see it on the screen, like its coming down through the case...is this stuff normal?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Congrats on your purchase!

Not sure what you mean about the sides. If you mean the screen is slightly off-center, yeah, that's pretty normal.

The pop when the screen goes dark is a new one on me. I'd call that a problem.

The LED shining through the top edge of the screen is normal, at least with the 2 I've had.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    K...yeah, then the only one I'm worried about is the pop when the backlight goes out...kinda annoying...pops when it comes on, too..like when I'm getting a voicemail or text while I'm on a call.
  4.    #4  
    Oh yeah..and when the ringer volume is on 6 or 7, some of the ringers kinda sound distorted or cracked...normal or problem?
    I have the pop on my treo when the light goes out. It hasnt created any problems in the 3 months I've had my treo. I thought it was normal with the backlight, but it doesn't bother me either way. Much better than the loud screen buzz that I had on my T3 which I would never be able to stand next to my ear.
    I don't have a pop when my backlight goes off. I don't know what that's indicative of. I think the LED thing is normal though. Maybe you should turn the ringer volume down a bit? Do you have VolumeCare?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    I think I've seen some threads about this pop....and there's a hack to fix it, but since you have a brand new Treo, I'd exchange it. The hack involved shielding the wires going to the speaker (wrapping in foil and electrical tape).
    The pop is not normal. Some people can hear the high-pitched whine of the screen's backlight when it is on, though. I have been using a BT headset, so I don't notice it anymore, if this phenomenon exists.

The LED shine you describe is normal.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    The pop is not normal. Some people can hear the high-pitched whine of the screen's backlight when it is on, though. I have been using a BT headset, so I don't notice it anymore, if this phenomenon exists.

The LED shine you describe is normal.
    I think the pop is normal on Cingular phones when the screen turns completely off during a phone call (not all firmware versions have this "feature", most just dim the backlight to its lowest setting). When I had the 1.15 update, when the screen turned itself off, the screen would make the small popping noise.

When I upgraded to 1.17 (CNB) it no longer shuts off the screen completely though, although this could be due to a custom phone overlay
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."