Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got two skins off eBay for $12 total (S/H gets ya and all) but I'm really happy with the skins so far. They fit tight, look really nice, tacky, but they don't seem to be picking up lots of lint yet (they say they're anti-dust). Only one caveat, no stylus hole!? But I'm thinking that with a little crafty work with my uber sharp craft knives I could fix that. Planning on how to do it right now.

One thing I really DO like about the case is the clip comes completely off so I can (hopefully! fit it in my P6 Pouch. And the strip across the front of the Treo does NOT cover the buttons, it is really thin and goes between the buttons and the screen. Look at the auction images and you'll see what I mean.

And yes, it fits the 650 fine, he has a 700W in the pictures.

Here's the auction I won, the guy sells a lot of these, so just look for sellers other auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9700691750
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    No stylus hole! That is just nuts.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I got two skins off eBay for $12 total (S/H gets ya and all) but I'm really happy with the skins so far. They fit tight, look really nice, tacky, but they don't seem to be picking up lots of lint yet (they say they're anti-dust). Only one caveat, no stylus hole!? But I'm thinking that with a little crafty work with my uber sharp craft knives I could fix that. Planning on how to do it right now.

One thing I really DO like about the case is the clip comes completely off so I can (hopefully! fit it in my P6 Pouch. And the strip across the front of the Treo does NOT cover the buttons, it is really thin and goes between the buttons and the screen. Look at the auction images and you'll see what I mean.

And yes, it fits the 650 fine, he has a 700W in the pictures.

Here's the auction I won, the guy sells a lot of these, so just look for sellers other auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9700691750

Hey that's really sharp looking..do they have other colors?

like...pink.....?

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  4.    #4  
    Not sure Bek.. Lemme look. Sorry, don't see pink.. I see clear..

Treo 650 Clear Silicone Case

Maybe you could stretch out a pink pouch case to carry it in? I don't see any here in the store, but googling for "pink leather treo pouch" came up with that, and likely others.

BTW, the stylus hole.. yeah, it was weird... but what I did was put the skin in place, and using my wifes Treo as a guide marked where the sylus should be and very carefully used a single-hole punch on it for nice clean cuts. One solid one of course, and two others to lengthen. Then I took a hobby knife and carefully snipped off the little points where the hole punch was rounded.. Now it looks like it came with the hole there And took about 5 minutes.

Next project.. Reset hole in battery cover and skin. Probably use the three hole punch again for a clean hole, and some careful drilling for the battery cover. I could buy one with a hole in it, but I should be fine drilling it.
    Grrr. It's not one dollar. It's nine. I hate how people cut down their Ebay fees by saying it costs them a fortune to ship.
  6.    #6  
    Well, yeah this is true.. But it's still not too bad, considering I bought two of them for $12 total from that seller. $1 more for another skin and $4 more for shipping. Yeah, he's cheaping out eBay and overcharging on shipping, but I figure the handling portion is where he makes any money. I'm okay with that, if overall it's a good deal, which I think it is.
    Thanks for the link. Just bought one. Is this thinner than the regular boxwave skins? I hope so.
    I just bought one for my brand new treo. Ill use this until I get the case Im really looking for. Thanks for the link =)

[myuserid]
    Not sure Bek.. Lemme look. Sorry, don't see pink.. I see clear..

Treo 650 Clear Silicone Case

Maybe you could stretch out a pink pouch case to carry it in? I don't see any here in the store, but googling for "pink leather treo pouch" came up with that, and likely others.

BTW, the stylus hole.. yeah, it was weird... but what I did was put the skin in place, and using my wifes Treo as a guide marked where the sylus should be and very carefully used a single-hole punch on it for nice clean cuts. One solid one of course, and two others to lengthen. Then I took a hobby knife and carefully snipped off the little points where the hole punch was rounded.. Now it looks like it came with the hole there And took about 5 minutes.

Next project.. Reset hole in battery cover and skin. Probably use the three hole punch again for a clean hole, and some careful drilling for the battery cover. I could buy one with a hole in it, but I should be fine drilling it.

I actually emailed them about the stylus hole.. here's my response:

"we will have some new design coming about next two weeks, if you like one, give you a good deal
    thank you"

that is cut and paste from the email.lol...

Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I ordered a white and a black today. Will post when they arrive.

khaytsus, will you cut a stylus hole for me?
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  11.    #11  
    Ha.. It's not hard, really.. I used a good single-hole punch, the one I have here isn't anything special, but it had a big enough gap to easily pull the silicone into where I could cut where I wanted.

I think the best thing to do would be cut the top where you wanted it, then cut the bottom where you wanted it, and carefully even out between with an exacto knife. I think that'd look better than me punching 3 times, but it's not a big deal.

Actually makes me wonder why some skins I've seen "give" you a replacement stylus to fit.. I don't have any trouble getting this one out, although it takes take a little nail to grab.

Bek, interesting news.. Maybe they'll have a pink case with a stylus hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Grrr. It's not one dollar. It's nine. I hate how people cut down their Ebay fees by saying it costs them a fortune to ship.

Reported to eBay. This is against the terms and conditions of selling on ebay. These practices raise the costs of other sellers (myself).
    Hey I just got my skin! You're right, it's very nice!! I'm gonna get an extra one and bling it up so I can take it off if something ever happened to the Treo, but I love it!! Thanks for the tip khaytsus!! It's probably the nicest looking and feeling thing I've bought and I have probably 8 cases/skins for this thing. I definitely see how it's "non dust" - it's almost a little bit slick.. yet grippy!

Love it.
    Thanks

Bek

ps, my wrist strap is blue. booooooooo. we want PINK..
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Sorry to hijack the thread but where is it an Ebay violation to charge a lower price for the item and include shipping and handling in a separate fee?

Just because someone says $7.95 shipping and handling does not mean that they are spending that on postage.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Sorry to hijack the thread but where is it an Ebay violation to charge a lower price for the item and include shipping and handling in a separate fee?

Just because someone says $7.95 shipping and handling does not mean that they are spending that on postage.
    I don't know for sure, but it's pretty easy to spot when someone is doing it. For instance, this case costs more than a buck to procure. Every day of the week.
    Ill post my thoughts when i get it as well.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Hey I just got my skin! You're right, it's very nice!! I'm gonna get an extra one and bling it up so I can take it off if something ever happened to the Treo, but I love it!! Thanks for the tip khaytsus!! It's probably the nicest looking and feeling thing I've bought and I have probably 8 cases/skins for this thing. I definitely see how it's "non dust" - it's almost a little bit slick.. yet grippy!

Love it.
    Thanks

Bek

ps, my wrist strap is blue. booooooooo. we want PINK..

Any trouble making a hole for the stylus? Mine is working out well. I need to make a reset hole, although I rarely have to reset I do still have to occationally.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    FWIW:

Actions that avoid paying eBay fees Selling fees help eBay support both buyers and sellers. Listing practices that circumvent (avoid) fees are unfair to sellers who pay the appropriate eBay fees and may provide a poor buying experience.

Examples of listing practices that are not allowed on eBay include:

* Offering the opportunity to buy the listed item or other items outside of eBay.
    * Offering low item prices but unreasonably high shipping or handling charges.

[Bill Clinton voice] I guess it depends on what you mean by the word "unreasonable."
    - C.S. Lewis

Any trouble making a hole for the stylus? Mine is working out well. I need to make a reset hole, although I rarely have to reset I do still have to occationally.
    Actually I didn't put a stylus hole yet.. I don't use my stylus much....I use the corner of my nail (LOL) - I will just slip the skin off when I need to reset..
    I'm going to make a hole for the stylus when I cover it with rhinestones so that it is available when I need to get it.

it's so thin! I love it.
    Bek
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    How long did it take for the skin to arrive, Bekktek? I ordered one myself based on what I read here.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast