Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Earlier last year, I went through FIVE Treo replacements because of this "clicking noise". They ALL had it, so I just went back to the original one I had and I was happy! Now, all of a sudden, a rogue app made me do a hard reset, lose all my information and installations, etc., but I don't even care about that.

    My issue is the darn clicking noise: ALL OF A SUDDEN, THIS TREO NOW HAS THIS CLICKING NOISE! What I mean by that is that whenever the screen light is on and it turns off after 15 or so seconds while on a call, it makes this highly annoying clicking noise. Again, this one HAD NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. WHY NOW??? Arggh....

    Having said all of this, my girlfriend's Verizon Treo 650 HAS NONE OF THESE ISSUES. In fact, it works perfectly. I also have a Sprint Treo 650, which also HAS NONE OF THESE ISSUES. No clicking, no nothing. And ALL these Treo's are the SAME MODEL, just on different carriers.

    I've never had this many issues with any cellphone and I've owned quite a few. PLEASE help me if you have any ideas. I know there is Volumecare but I shouldn't have to use a third party app to solve a problem that had never been there for EIGHT MONTHS!!! PLEASE HELP!

    I LOVE my Treo 650. I just want that clicking to stop!
  2. #2  
    I think it's time to wrap tin foil around your head and upper body. Make sure to get your ears and neck too.
  3. #3  
    Did it start after your continuous reset issue?
    Did you realize you posted this twice in the same forum?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I think it's time to wrap tin foil around your head and upper body. Make sure to get your ears and neck too.
    Tried that, didn't work. NEXT!
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 03/27/2006 at 10:47 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voices Carry
    Did it start after your continuous reset issue?
    Did you realize you posted this twice in the same forum?
    Hey, I fixed the "other" issue. EVERYTHING works great again. However, the only leftover problem, which is even more annoying since my little incident, is the darn clicking noise!!! I re-flashed firmware v1.17-CNG, same result. Hmmm...WTF! It had never done this before. This was a known issue with 1.15-CNG but never with 1.17-CNG. Any ideas???
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    Hey, I fixed the "other" issue. EVERYTHING works great again. However, the only leftover problem, which is even more annoying since my little incident, is the darn clicking noise!!! I re-flashed firmware v1.17-CNG, same result. Hmmm...WTF! It had never done this before. This was a known issue with 1.15-CNG but never with 1.17-CNG. Any ideas???
    Try StopDim. It will prevent your Treo's screen from dimming and/or going black during a call. This should stop the clicking.

    Jeff
  7. #7  
    Mine has always done this when the screen turns off -- not a big deal. Do you use VolumeCare -- I do, so maybe that causes it.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the help. However, my point is, BEFORE I had to do the hard reset, it HAD NEVER DONE it before, so why NOW and not BEFORE??? If it had done it from the beginning, then I would understand but this makes no sense. I even re-installed V1.17-CNG but it still happens. It's just annoying for one, and it doesn't make ANY sense as to why it would happen now and never before.

    I am just interested from a technical point of view why something like this all of a sudden STARTS happening! Hmmm...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    Mine has always done this when the screen turns off -- not a big deal. Do you use VolumeCare -- I do, so maybe that causes it.
    I do not think VolumeCare will cause this behavior and previos posters in the thread have the problem and do not have VolumeCare loaded. I think this is a function of the Treo stoping the sound stream ever so briefly as the Treo is put into what is known as REM Sleep mode. This is the screen off mode we are talking about. I think this is where the "pop" or "click" is coming from.

    Again, StopDim will prevent the Treo from entering REM sleep while you are on the phone and thus solve this problem.

    Jeff
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    Thanks for the help. However, my point is, BEFORE I had to do the hard reset, it HAD NEVER DONE it before, so why NOW and not BEFORE??? If it had done it from the beginning, then I would understand but this makes no sense. I even re-installed V1.17-CNG but it still happens. It's just annoying for one, and it doesn't make ANY sense as to why it would happen now and never before.

    I am just interested from a technical point of view why something like this all of a sudden STARTS happening! Hmmm...
    Did the setting for your System Sounds volume change? Set this sound level to zero and see if this condition continues. Just a shot in the dark!

    Jeff
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Did the setting for your System Sounds volume change? Set this sound level to zero and see if this condition continues. Just a shot in the dark!

    Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

    Thanks for the quick response. When you say System Sounds volume, do you mean, going to menu --> prefs --> Sounds & Alerts under General and then the Alert Volume? The options are 1 through 7 or off.

    Thanks again!

Posting Permissions