1.    #1  
    So I have a Cingular branded unlocked treo 650 on Tmobile.

Most of the time, it reads T-Mobile, but sometimes it reads T-MOBILE.

If I turn the phone off, then back on, it goes back to T-Mobile, but after a few days of being on, it goes all caps!!!!

Anyone hear of this or have it happen to them? Does it mean anything?

Lowercase (normal):
    http://i1.tinypic.com/sepovm.jpg

Capital:
    http://i1.tinypic.com/sepp3d.jpg

Edit: If it matters, I'm using a 7 year old OMNIPOINT Sim card.

And both of those pictures were taken in the same location. The 2nd was taken after my carrier went all caps, then I turned the phone function off, then back on.. then it was back to normal.
    Last edited by blacknoi; 03/27/2006 at 08:43 PM. Reason: added screencaptures
    Phone is switching between two networks. Go to Select Network in the phone app and you'll probably see both. Depending on your SIM you're defaulting to one but should be automatically switching to the other when the signal is stronger
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    why is this even an issue? does this effect the usability of the phone or are you just bugged by not knowing why?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    why is this even an issue? does this effect the usability of the phone or are you just bugged by not knowing why?
    Its more curiosity than anything.... My Treo 600 never did this, so its new to me.

I'm using this phone in the same areas that my 600 was being used, so I'm not sure about that moving between 2 networks thing...
    I guess this is something that we (Treo) can't control. It comes from the operator and comes as they have set in their servers either in Caps, gibbirish or whatever the way.
    ;-D
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    I support 50 Treos for our company and have have seen it on a few devices.