Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi, Anyone know of app that can do this? Such as by sending an sms, or through bluetooth, or sending an email, or any other way to turn off the treo's radio remotely. Would be very useful to me. Thanks.
    butler has a feature to shut off and lock treo remotely....
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Thanks for the info, this feature of Butler locks the phone and turns off the screen (not the radio). But it looks like it would be pretty easy for the developer to add this feature. I sent him a mail about it, I hope he listens!
    just curious to why you would want this?
    There's always next year!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Well…

I have a bit of a home automation in my studio apartment, I hit a button next to my bed and it turns out the lights, TV, radio, etc. when I go to sleep.

I have been getting some late night phone calls that I would rather ignore, so I would like to add to this system so that it sends and sms to my treo to turn the radio off. Then I would use anther program to turn it on automatically in the morning.

Don’t want to use a program that automatically turns it off at a specific time each night because I go to bed at varying times throughout the week. Also I am too lazy to do it manually each night.
    Mute switch works great for me
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlion
    I have been getting some late night phone calls that I would rather ignore, so I would like to add to this system so that it sends and sms to my treo to turn the radio off. Then I would use anther program to turn it on automatically in the morning.
    Why make it so hard ? Just have the Treo radio turn on and off itself and skip the SMS messaging.

I have mine turn on at 9 am and off at 11 pm weekdays and turn on at 10 am and off at 1 am weekends. Treo Alrm does this nicely while also waking me up a half hour before the phone.

www.treoalarm.com
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thought of that, but it does not work for me since sometimes I am out very late, when I want to receive calls from friends. And sometimes I got to bed early, (because I stayed out so late the night before) and don't want to receive any calls.
    See post 6

Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    How do you do this in Butler?

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Available in butler 3.5.3

I agree with Scotty, if you are going to go to your computer and send a SMS or to your Treo and send an SMS just turn the sound off with the switch. Seems pretty easy to do and no development needed.
    I continue to be amazed at the number of people who lack basic reading comprehension skills. The OP clearly states:

I have a bit of a home automation in my studio apartment, I hit a button next to my bed and it turns out the lights, TV, radio, etc. when I go to sleep.
    He is not logging onto a computer to send an SMS to turn it off. He has already outlined why applications like RadioControl or a scheduled On/Off won't work.

Seriously folks, slow down and read the posts....sheesh.
    This free utility can auto power-on and off at set times and also trigger on SMS messages to launch any application. You might be able to use RadioState or PowerUp to also shut the phone off.
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net
    --S8C
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Available in butler 3.5.3
    Thanks Scotty, now I've got to try the Remote.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre