Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I became a Beta tester of the just released "ChatterEmail "OWA Mail" Plugin" -- it seems to be working flawlessly. What a treat not to have to forward all my Microsoft Exchange email to another account but to be able receive "push" synchronization directly with my Exchange account. Well done Marc -- as always, another great addition to the best email solution for the Treo
    I downloaded the zip file. Which .prc to I install - ChatterExch or ChatterExg?
    (I already have Chatter 1.1.5 loaded)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ChatterExch
    WHOA! You need ALL of the files!

Marc
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I too had Chatter 1.1.5 loaded. I just added the new file to the existing ones and it seems to be working perfectly
    Ok.. I just loaded it. Trying to see how it compares to Sprint Business Connection.

I don't need the Pop file right?

Also, how do I get push email working? I unchecked the offline box, and it says "listen", but I don't get anything on a new email.
    You need all 6 files in the package. As far as push is concerned, it's possible your Exchange server is blocked from providing push. But I'd need to see a log (instructions in the FAQ).

Marc
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Do we need to install the Matrix and the POP files if we are not using them? I just uploaded the complete 0.65 and now I'm getting a warning about Matrix trial. Can I delete both the POP and the Matrix files?
    You need POP, and you need Matrix if you're using SSL.

Marc
    I know that the current OWA plugin does not allow sendign attachments, at present. Does it support forwarding attachments (i.e. forwarding a received email that has an attachment) though?

thanks,
    elbastardocalvo
    elbastardocalvo
    No, not yet. At some point, this will make a nice OWA feature, since the message needn't be loaded.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    No, not yet. At some point, this will make a nice OWA feature, since the message needn't be loaded.

Marc
    OK, cool. Unfortunately, I am going to have to hold off on the OWA plugin (and stick with my BlackBerry), then, as forwarding attachments is a must-have feature for me. I will follow along, of course, in the hopes that this feature gets added.

Thanks for the awesome support, Marc.
    elbastardocalvo
    I've tried and tried to get this running on my 600, giving up.

Though in Marc's defense I have not asked for his help-may head over to chatter and let them know about my install issues and see if something can be worked out
    I can't help if I don't know what's going on... I'm not sure if anyone is using it on a T600.

Marc
    I'm using it on a Treo 600 (Verizon) and it's been working perfectly, even from the early betas.
    I'm using it on a 650 (Sprint). I've had a few hiccups. Can't get the Viewer/Browser to work - just gives me html gobbledy-gook. And often when I return from the viewer it reboots my treo - ##377 tells me that its "web" that crashed and not chatter so I don't know what to do about it.

Nevertheless - it is quite the killer app!!

I only wish it wasn't so pricey for Chatter+SSL+OWA.

and.... not that anyone needs convincing but the developer is jaw-dropping responsive. (I thought I was the only one working at midnight).
    Treocracy - Do you have the Beta?

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    You need all 6 files in the package. As far as push is concerned, it's possible your Exchange server is blocked from providing push. But I'd need to see a log (instructions in the FAQ).

Marc

Sent you a log from Jeff
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Marc,
    I Installed the OWA plug in with all of the required files, entered in all of the correct info and when ot goes to test the connection I get the message "a data connection could not be established; please try again later". What could be holding me up?
    Ignore it.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast