1.    #1  
    I've looked around, I think I've seen this mentioned in the past, but I'm not seeing anything, so wanted to gather some opinions... I"m nearing the end of my trial with VeriChat and getting annoyed with it going offline. I have it set to always-on, SMS mode, the option to set the times it's online is unchecked.

I signed up a separate IM account with Yahoo and MSN, added my Treo into the buddy list, and have set it to log signon/signoff times. So far since:

10:35pm, Treo goes offline. I notice it and launch VeriChat, exit (menu X), then hit the Power button once I'm in the launcher which Verichat intercepts, says Please Wait, disconnects, then turns off the power.

6:50am, Treo goes offline again. I notice it around 10:30am when I wake up, get it back online.

2:24pm, Treo goes offline again. Notice it nearly immediately as the wife tells me I just went offline on her laptop.

8:11pm, Treo goes offline again. Noticed it about 30 minutes after the fact.

Seems to me between 6-8 hours, the Treo falls offline. Now, of course, this really implies that the VeriChat servers are 'going offline' because my Treo isn't connected, it's in online SMS mode.

I find that if I send a message to my Yahoo account from the desktop, I receive it when I go back online, but this might be a feature of Yahoo (offline messages), I'm new to Yahoo so I am not sure. MSN fails to send because I'm offline.

Anyone else see this behavior? Maybe people don't notice it because there's no obvious signs on the Treo end. I first noticed it when my wife said she'd go to send me a yahoo message and it showed me offline. Then later I'd launch VeriChat and get a message from her instead of an SMS.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 03/26/2006 at 07:42 PM.
    I don't have that problem at all when using Verichat. Like I said in another thread, I often get messages from people inquiring why I'm always online. My issues with Verichat are the occasional crashes, my custom status seemingly not sticking, and no support for Jabber or GoogleTalk(hopefully in a future update though?). You might want to give Causerie a shot, as I'm pretty certain my data connection problem is a direct result of it not cooperating with Chatter. When my Chatter mailbox is offline and Causerie is online via SMS, everything's fine, and when Causerie's offline and Chatter's online, everything's fine - but if I have them online at the same time(even though Causerie's only online via SMS), my data connection is going haywire, and my phone is getting hot...literally. But since you don't use Chatter you should be OK.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Another problem I'm having with Verichat are the bots. Maybe you can see if you can recreate this? Menu button -> options -> preferences -> buddy list view.

I keep clicking 'cluster bots at the bottom of the buddy list', and then clicking 'apply', but it never sticks. The bots are still mixed in with my buddies, and when I go back, that box is unchecked again. Weird. I've just about given up on Causerie. It can't seem to coexist with Chatter, and there's no way I'm giving that up. Maybe I'll look at Chatopus again...

And the search for the perfect IM client continues...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Belay my last on the custom status not sticking gripe. In further tests it appears I was mistaken.
    IM+ would be pretty good if it had 5-way support...
    Webmessenger IM is pretty good but there's no background support...
  7.    #7  
    I had the bots keep re-appearing in my buddy list, but I don't want them around.. So I've had to delete them about 3-4 times.. Not sure why, but sometimes they'll just reappear. It'd be okay maybe if they were at the bottom of the grouped list, not at the top. I don't use the online/offline view, too many contacts. I like to group people so I can open/close groups of people I want to talk to at the moment.

So far it didn't go offline overnight.. Figures. Gripe about it and it stops acting up. For now.
    I noticed mine went offline today. I thought it may have had something to do with whether or not the radio was on, but in further testing, there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason...

???
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Just to try it since I get no calls on my Treo, stricktly data , I left Verichat on with the data mode, and I was online for 2 days. Only reason it went off cause it was a rare instance where Chatter was working at the same time. I really have no issues with Verichat, knock on wood
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.