Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. mtrimmer's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
       #1  
    OK, here's how I did it:

    First, you need four applications - I've included links to the versions I used:
    SiriusXPlay - v0.2
    SHOUTcast Server - v1.95
    SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in - v1.90
    WinAmp - v5.21

    Second, I installed the SHOUTcast server; before you run the server, you'll need to edit the config to get things going. I would recommend going to c:\program files\shoutcast and editing the sc_serv.ini with wordpad - easier to read. I set my number of users to 1, set a password, and set a port (the default works). Save the changes and start it up.

    Third, I installed WinAmp - nothing tricky there (if you've already got it, you can try using what you have - I used the latest and greatest...)

    Fourth, I installed the SiriusXPlay application. I created a directory in Program Files called SiriusXPlay, extracted the executable to that folder, and double-clicked it to start the application. You'll see the startup splash screen, and then the Configuration screen will popup. Enter your username and password for Sirius online and leave the Host as www.sirius.com. Click the External Player tab and select WinAmp and press the find button - it should find WinAmp automatically (if not, the default location is in Program Files/WinAmp/winamp.exe). Click OK and the digital version of a Sirius player will appear. Click the Select Channel button and find what you want to hear!

    Fifth, I installed the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in. The plug-in needs to be configured (I got help from sliceofdanny dot com (THANKS, DANNY!!!)) To enable the plugin, press CTRL+P with Winamp running, and select Plug-ins and then DSP/EFFECT. On the right side, select "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP", and click the Configure active plug-in button. Click the Close button (bottom left corner) on the Winamp preferences screen. You'll see the SHOUTcast Source screen - click and select the Output Tab. If you are broadcasting to someone else's server, enter their IP information, port, and password. If your're setting this up on the same computer as your Shoutcast Server, simply change the port and password to what you configured in the Shoutcast configuration file (Password=, and PortBase=). Select the Encoder tab, and select a bit rate for broadcasting. Uncheck the Make this server public box - this will prevent the server from appearing on the SHOUTcast web page. Press CONNECT on the Output Tab and you should start seeing the data stream moving.... Please note, the YELLOWPAGES button allows you to name your broadcast and other optional information (but it's not necessary!).

    At this point, you should be able to take your Pocket Tunes Deluxe (v3.1.3 is what I'm experimenting with) and create an internet radio site with your IP and your port number - an additional piece of advice: if you don't have a static IP, you should get no-ip.com setup to use a dynamic IP...only good way to keep this running...

    Any questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to help. And again, thank you to the author of SiriusXPlay (DaJoker on SiriusBackstage dot com) and Danny (site) for their work - it's how I got us here!!!
  2. #2  
    awesome! thanks for the tip, I will definately be trying it out. I had a slight affair with the 700w for this very reason, but verizon's data charges were way to expensive.
  3. #3  
    Thanks for the instruction. I am at the end of your instructions, but don't know what my internet radio station address is? How do I create a link so I can access it via Ptunes? Thanks.
  4. mtrimmer's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Thanks for the instruction. I am at the end of your instructions, but don't know what my internet radio station address is? How do I create a link so I can access it via Ptunes? Thanks.
    You can find your external IP by visiting http://www.whatismyip.com/ from your SHOUTcast server. Once you have that, you can go to PTunes and click the Menu button and go to Actions and then select Open. The "Choose Songs" screen appears - tap on the pull-down button in the upper right corner (says CARD, PALM, Internet Audio or ALL) and select Internet Audio. Click NEW - a Internet Audio URL dialog box will popup - enter in the IP you received from whatismyip.com then a colon and the port you decided to use for your server (example: http://12.2.250:8000) and leave the checkbox enabled for Connect to get station name and tap OK. You will then return to the choose songs screen - highlight (by tapping) on the new server entry you just created and tap OK. Your Treo should then connect to the data network and open the stream!
  5. #5  
    You could always create a DYNDNS.org account with free dynamic DNS, for example, my streaming server is siriusly.mine.nu

    I would also recommend you not run it on TCP 8000 but instead use an "odd" port. Shoutcast was recently exploitable http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1079 and if you were running the default port it would be easier to do a non-targeted/directed attack/exploit (aka, worm).
  6. #6  
    What sort of bandwidth do you need for this to play correctly? I have cingular and only have gprs access in my area (no edge). It just seems like this would not be enough pipe.
  7. #7  
    can't you play sirius via MP10?
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    can't you play sirius via MP10?
    of course, but that doesnt help us palm os users that dont have windows media player
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    of course, but that doesnt help us palm os users that dont have windows media player
    I meant on the PC, to use instead of the other program, SiriusXplay.

    in MP10, you can create playlists with different "stations" and select them remotely using Salling Clicker
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  10. #10  
    But doesnt this solution only let you listen to the one station you left playing on your home computer? ...no way to change the stream remotely on your treo....??
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    But doesnt this solution only let you listen to the one station you left playing on your home computer? ...no way to change the stream remotely on your treo....??
    Salling clicker via the "WiFi" connection allows me to select any song, album, playlist, etc.. from Winamp, MP10, or itunes from anywhere... via GPRS/EDGE.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  12. #12  
    Also know that many ISPs close port access (like my crappy ISP) and you can't easily run a shoutcast server.

    I hope that's not the case with anyone else, but it does happen.

    Steve

    PS - no, I can't switch ISPs - they are the only one available.
  13. #13  
    This is interesting since I have been looking into XM radio. Is there any other fee's that go along with this. subscription fee, or does it go against your data download plan for your carrier?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by usulsuspct
    What sort of bandwidth do you need for this to play correctly? I have cingular and only have gprs access in my area (no edge). It just seems like this would not be enough pipe.
    Sirius uses WMA encoded around 36Kbps AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $on$ $my$ $system$ $I$ $re$-$encode$ $36Kbps$ $WMA$ $to$ $64Kbps$ $MP3$ $and$ $do$ $not$ $have$ $issues$ $with$ $bandwidth$.
  15. mtrimmer's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I meant on the PC, to use instead of the other program, SiriusXplay.

    in MP10, you can create playlists with different "stations" and select them remotely using Salling Clicker
    It'd be worth experimenting with - the question is, could the shoutcast server get the stream from WM10? I would be more interested in seeing whether or not salling clicker could be used with the existing configuration. The other question is, are the streams consistent? My guess is that each stream is dynamically created (due to the username/password credentials passed to the Sirius servers), so that may cause problems as well.

    Now if Sirius would just start streaming in MP3 format, then none of this would be necessary!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    OK, here's how I did it:

    First, you need four applications - I've included links to the versions I used:
    SiriusXPlay - v0.2
    SHOUTcast Server - v1.95
    SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in - v1.90
    WinAmp - v5.21

    Second, I installed the SHOUTcast server; before you run the server, you'll need to edit the config to get things going. I would recommend going to c:\program files\shoutcast and editing the sc_serv.ini with wordpad - easier to read. I set my number of users to 1, set a password, and set a port (the default works). Save the changes and start it up.

    Third, I installed WinAmp - nothing tricky there (if you've already got it, you can try using what you have - I used the latest and greatest...)

    Fourth, I installed the SiriusXPlay application. I created a directory in Program Files called SiriusXPlay, extracted the executable to that folder, and double-clicked it to start the application. You'll see the startup splash screen, and then the Configuration screen will popup. Enter your username and password for Sirius online and leave the Host as www.sirius.com. Click the External Player tab and select WinAmp and press the find button - it should find WinAmp automatically (if not, the default location is in Program Files/WinAmp/winamp.exe). Click OK and the digital version of a Sirius player will appear. Click the Select Channel button and find what you want to hear!

    Fifth, I installed the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in. The plug-in needs to be configured (I got help from sliceofdanny dot com (THANKS, DANNY!!!)) To enable the plugin, press CTRL+P with Winamp running, and select Plug-ins and then DSP/EFFECT. On the right side, select "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP", and click the Configure active plug-in button. Click the Close button (bottom left corner) on the Winamp preferences screen. You'll see the SHOUTcast Source screen - click and select the Output Tab. If you are broadcasting to someone else's server, enter their IP information, port, and password. If your're setting this up on the same computer as your Shoutcast Server, simply change the port and password to what you configured in the Shoutcast configuration file (Password=, and PortBase=). Select the Encoder tab, and select a bit rate for broadcasting. Uncheck the Make this server public box - this will prevent the server from appearing on the SHOUTcast web page. Press CONNECT on the Output Tab and you should start seeing the data stream moving.... Please note, the YELLOWPAGES button allows you to name your broadcast and other optional information (but it's not necessary!).

    At this point, you should be able to take your Pocket Tunes Deluxe (v3.1.3 is what I'm experimenting with) and create an internet radio site with your IP and your port number - an additional piece of advice: if you don't have a static IP, you should get no-ip.com setup to use a dynamic IP...only good way to keep this running...

    Any questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to help. And again, thank you to the author of SiriusXPlay (DaJoker on SiriusBackstage dot com) and Danny (site) for their work - it's how I got us here!!!
    Great but, what on earth are you going to do with this? Set this contraption up on your home pc and stream the hip hop channel? I guess if you get sick of hip hop, you can stop the stream and log in to your PC with VNC and set up another stream.
  17. #17  
    Very cool!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    It'd be worth experimenting with - the question is, could the shoutcast server get the stream from WM10? I would be more interested in seeing whether or not salling clicker could be used with the existing configuration. The other question is, are the streams consistent? My guess is that each stream is dynamically created (due to the username/password credentials passed to the Sirius servers), so that may cause problems as well.

    Now if Sirius would just start streaming in MP3 format, then none of this would be necessary!
    Audio out to Aux In.... loop the audio back.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Great but, what on earth are you going to do with this? Set this contraption up on your home pc and stream the hip hop channel? I guess if you get sick of hip hop, you can stop the stream and log in to your PC with VNC and set up another stream.
    good fo rgetting Stern and other content not availble via shoutcast. selecting a station is as easy as using a remote with Salling clicker... No VNC needed.
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  20. #20  
    Ok, i am not sure what a "Sailing Clicker" is, i will take your word for it. But Stern isnt available yet online.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions