Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Great but, what on earth are you going to do with this? Set this contraption up on your home pc and stream the hip hop channel? I guess if you get sick of hip hop, you can stop the stream and log in to your PC with VNC and set up another stream.
    Ok, i am not sure what a "Sailing Clicker" is, i will take your word for it. But Stern isnt available yet online.
    Thanks for the flame (quote #1) - however, there are a number of people that were interested in HOW to stream to a 650...content to be chosen as available. Second, it's SALLING Clicker (see here). Finally, you're right about Stern (quote #2) AT THIS POINT - but the latest I've heard is next month they will be adding the streaming broadcast of Stern - once that's up and running, maybe you'll be flame-free!?!
    ... But Stern isnt available yet online.
    True Stern fans will buy a receiver for each car/boat/RV/moto/Plane/Home/office location and pay a subscription for each receiver... How else are Howard's stock options going to increase?

You dont' want him calling you cheap! (I am not a big fan...)
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    He didnt get stock options. Het got a Half Billion dollar accllerated payment for bringing 3 million new listeners to Sirius.

I think are you are eluding to this exchange during an Entertainment Weekly interview.

Entertainment Weekly - Howard Stern Bites Back

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/covergalle...006_871_lg.jpg

Interviewer: Sirius has 4 million listeners, but that's only a third of the 12 million you had before you moved. Do you ever worry about your audience getting too insular, with only die-hard fans listening to you?
    Stern: I don't know, it's not clear yet. When you are on terrestrial radio, there's a certain rush when you walk down the street and someone yells, ''Hey, great interview with Donald Trump today!'' It's a big universe. But I have proven myself in that universe. And I'm not sure many other people could bring the millions of people to satellite so quickly. When I signed on [in October 2004], Sirius had 600,000 subscribers. Now it has 4 million. Maybe that's the crowning achievement. Compared to terrestrial it's still small, but I think about it and go, ''Well, that's still more than Imus has.'' On satellite I do worry that we're like the Shree Rajneesh, off with our cult. [But it] excites me that it's our world. There's nobody interfering. We can give the fans anything they want. It's liberating.

Interviewer: Does it bother you that most of your fans haven't followed you to Sirius?
    Stern: I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, ''I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million.'' It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally. The competitive thing is a sickness that eats at me. I want to say to my audience in this article, ''F--- you! You haven't come with me yet? How dare you?'' [Laughs] ''We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap *******!''
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 04/15/2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrimmer
    OK, here's how I did it:

First, you need four applications - I've included links to the versions I used:
    SiriusXPlay - v0.2
    SHOUTcast Server - v1.95
    SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in - v1.90
    WinAmp - v5.21

Second, I installed the SHOUTcast server; before you run the server, you'll need to edit the config to get things going. I would recommend going to c:\program files\shoutcast and editing the sc_serv.ini with wordpad - easier to read. I set my number of users to 1, set a password, and set a port (the default works). Save the changes and start it up.

Third, I installed WinAmp - nothing tricky there (if you've already got it, you can try using what you have - I used the latest and greatest...)

Fourth, I installed the SiriusXPlay application. I created a directory in Program Files called SiriusXPlay, extracted the executable to that folder, and double-clicked it to start the application. You'll see the startup splash screen, and then the Configuration screen will popup. Enter your username and password for Sirius online and leave the Host as www.sirius.com. Click the External Player tab and select WinAmp and press the find button - it should find WinAmp automatically (if not, the default location is in Program Files/WinAmp/winamp.exe). Click OK and the digital version of a Sirius player will appear. Click the Select Channel button and find what you want to hear!

Fifth, I installed the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in. The plug-in needs to be configured (I got help from sliceofdanny dot com (THANKS, DANNY!!!)) To enable the plugin, press CTRL+P with Winamp running, and select Plug-ins and then DSP/EFFECT. On the right side, select "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP", and click the Configure active plug-in button. Click the Close button (bottom left corner) on the Winamp preferences screen. You'll see the SHOUTcast Source screen - click and select the Output Tab. If you are broadcasting to someone else's server, enter their IP information, port, and password. If your're setting this up on the same computer as your Shoutcast Server, simply change the port and password to what you configured in the Shoutcast configuration file (Password=, and PortBase=). Select the Encoder tab, and select a bit rate for broadcasting. Uncheck the Make this server public box - this will prevent the server from appearing on the SHOUTcast web page. Press CONNECT on the Output Tab and you should start seeing the data stream moving.... Please note, the YELLOWPAGES button allows you to name your broadcast and other optional information (but it's not necessary!).

At this point, you should be able to take your Pocket Tunes Deluxe (v3.1.3 is what I'm experimenting with) and create an internet radio site with your IP and your port number - an additional piece of advice: if you don't have a static IP, you should get no-ip.com setup to use a dynamic IP...only good way to keep this running...

Any questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to help. And again, thank you to the author of SiriusXPlay (DaJoker on SiriusBackstage dot com) and Danny (site) for their work - it's how I got us here!!!
    Does SiriusXPlay still work? I can't login, but I can login on www.sirius.com.
    Will this work on my Mac...?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the developer doesn't have time any longer to work on this and the new login changes are preventing the existing versions from working. I haven't tried the widget from Yahoo - maybe it would work in it's place?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12