1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have updated to latest firmware 1.71, SW 1.20 (GSM unlocked treo)
    I used official updated from Palm site, but
    - I have SMS time bug, but only some SMS have wrong time, some are ok.
    - Treo crasches sometimes with no reason or slow down to crawl and I have to soft reset it.
    - I have Carrier DB 249 (dunno if its a problem)
    - in sms, If I use enter, it creates some special character but not new line.
    - verichat behaves strange, tryes to connect after soft reset
    - sometimes treo turn itself on with no reason (it was not before)
    - They did not correct the RealPlayer + system sound Off bug.

I am not happy with this update.

Please, where can I download official old updater ?

I would like to downgrade to previous version 1.28?

Is that possible?

Regards
    Tomas Zeman
    from Czech Republic.
  2.    #2  
    Or please does somebody know, if Palm will do another SW update?
    You have two options to downgrade.

1- Use the RomTool to change the revn & crnm tokens back to 1.13 ROW. Then you can run Palm's 1.28 updater.

2- Use the SD updater located here: http://rapidshare.de/files/11470717/rom128full.zip.html

These are not "official" but have been used by many others as well as myself at times and will work.

As far as another Palm update, I would guess that this is the last one as new versions will be coming out this year. That is just my gut feeling.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 03/30/2006 at 12:37 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    are there any instructions for either of the two tools you mentioned that allow you to downgrade to sprint 1.12 update? I have 1.13a installed on my phone and I cant download attachments, phone resets periodically, it takes longer for my phone to connect a call too.
    Thanks
    One of the options above is for Unlocked GSM only not CDMA like your Sprint is.

For you the best way to go would be to use the RomTool to change your revn to 1.12 and run the Sprint updater again.

Start with this for instructions:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=93
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks. I Cannot download the romtool. I get a blank screen when I click on the download. Thanks any way.