Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I haven't tried any of that with Mvoice yet but am looking forward to it. I can't believe they call it a treo. I used to carry a cell phone, a digital camera, a Palm, and a tape recorder. If I had had an Mp3 player, I would have probably carried it too. I love all the features in this one little machine and want to learn to use and adapt to every single bit of it.
    Me again! Where do you get the audio material that you listen to?
    Thanks!
    Casey & Jack - these are good threads for us newbies. It also brings up another question - how much money do each of you figure you have spent on software? It seems to me that you could easily double the investment in the Treo in a heartbeat! I know that I have spent almost $200 in sw, sd card and accessories in the first few days of ownership and I still have a list of "wants"!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by camarodreamer
    Me again! Where do you get the audio material that you listen to?
    Thanks!
    I'm studying for the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exam for level 1. I have the entire Schweser study guide level 1 notes on audio CDs. I used my Roxio 6 (desktop) software to convert all the audio CDs to MP3 format and to also reduce the size from 22 CDs down to 1. I then copied and pasted the reduced MP3 audio files to the Audio folder of my SD memory card through my desktop computer. I then use Pocket Tunes to listen to the audio study notes.

The CFA exam is also the reason I have the KK-12c replica of the Hewlett Packard 12c RPN financial calculator. I use the KK-12c for practice on my Treo. Unfortunately, I cannot take my Treo to the exam, so I need the original HP12c calculator instead.

Cheers, Casey.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaTex
    Casey & Jack - these are good threads for us newbies. It also brings up another question - how much money do each of you figure you have spent on software? It seems to me that you could easily double the investment in the Treo in a heartbeat! I know that I have spent almost $200 in sw, sd card and accessories in the first few days of ownership and I still have a list of "wants"!
    For me, hundreds and hundreds...easily. That's not including accessories such as cases, extra batteries and other stuff. Additionally, I also have 2 Treo 650s.
    I was pretty addicted to buying software in the beginning, so I know I've spent hundreds. I haven't added anything in a while, and now I know what I really need, so this thread has been extremely helpful! Thanks!

Now I need a nice leather case for my Treo!
    I gave myself to Jesus, and now he never calls...
    Very nice list. PalmaSutra...for those of us who enjoy quickies on the go...or the real *palm* users... J/K
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I have SnapperMail version 2.3.2.01. Is there any significant improvement to the latest version?

Casey
    Not really...check out this thread...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=snappermail
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaTex
    I am guessing at some of the numbers.

$15 Voice Dial
    $15 Treo Alarm
    $18 NeatFreakpak
    $15 CrashPro
    $15 Time Manager Pad
    $15 Softick Card Export
    $15 BackUpBuddyVFS
    $15 PowerRun
    $150 TomTom
    $15 Bonzai
    $15 Diet and Exercise Assistant (Bought in year 2000)
    $10 Astraware Sudoku
    $25 EDGE
    What I really hate is when I DL and pay for something, THEN find something I like better and just have to have. For instance, I bought Snappermail, then bought Chatter like 2 days later. D'oh! Definitely do your homework before commiting, Treo newbies!
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 03/28/2006 at 05:34 AM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    What I really hate is when I DL and pay for something, THEN find something I like better and just have to have. For instance, I bought Snappermail the bought Chatter like 2 days later. D'oh! Definitely do your homework before commiting, Treo newbies!
    Absolutely. Use those trial versions through their full period. Even if you like the program you just tested, I recommend you download other trial versions. For example, I tested about 4 different email programs before buying one. This will allow you to fully test the programs, use them for free for a while, and buy the program you like the most. Just because 300 people here say that "X" program is the best it does not mean that you will like it or that it will fit your needs. It all boils down to personal preference. Again...exploit the trial versions!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Absolutely. Use those trial versions through their full period. Even if you like the program you just tested, I recommend you download other trial versions. For example, I tested about 4 different email programs before buying one. This will allow you to fully test the programs, use them for free for a while, and buy the program you like the most. Just because 300 people here say that "X" program is the best it does not mean that you will like it or that it will fit your needs. It all boils down to personal preference. Again...exploit the trial versions!!!
    Absofrigginlutely. Most POS apps offer trial versions. Take advantage of them and don't commit to one specific kind of app until you've tried it's competitors. Don't make the same mistake I did.
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 03/28/2006 at 05:49 AM.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Yes, the trial versions are an excellent way to test things. I have already bypassed a $15 program for freeware b/c the freeware does what I need.

BTW - I am currently using Destaller Lite - the freebie. It has worked well for me on 3 occasions already in my first week. Do I need something stronger - like the Destaller Pro or Uninstaller?

I used Realplayer yesterday for the first time - and I can already understand the need to upgrade to pocket tunes.

Mail programs are next.....
    I LOVE YOU!! oh that maybe too much but thank you for the list. This list will probably keep me busy for the entire weekend better backup my treo and start TESTING. cheers

ps. I will be testing it on Treo 700p
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12