Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi!

I built a rs232 cable for my treo 650 as described here:
    http://pakuro.is.sci.toho-u.ac.jp/al...gstent5-e.html

While a test without my mobile phone looked promising it wont work anyway.
    After debugging around I found that my power_out pin drives 0V, even if I found power_out should always be active.

Now I am not sure if I damaged my pone or if I miss something.

If I put the battery out of the phone and reinsert it the power_out pin drives approx 3.2V but fall down to 0V again.
    Is there something else I can do to enable the pin or to check if it is damaged?

Thanks!
    Mario
    After checking the info at the link you posted, it looks to me like your Treo isn't doing the "peripheral auto detection" properly. You might want to check your circuit or try the PowerOut and/or PowerPro apps discussed in the instructions.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ok, I'll recheck, but I thought on the treo 650 the power_out is always on, no need for any application nor for the "peripheral auto detection" circuit.

I already tried PowerOut but it will reset my treo only, no change on the power_out - which didnt make wonder as the author says that his application does nothing on the treo 650.

Hmmmm .... still wondering.
    F*ck...

Ever consider you're trying to do a little too much with your Treo?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am aware that it is a great risk to do stuff like this, but I am not a complete newbie in this area.

My latest research (through PluggedIn@palm) showed me that it is indeed possible to turn the power_out off even on an treo 650.
    And it looks like this is what happend here.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ok, I finally managed to build the stuff, it works now :-)

I made something wrong in the "peripheral auto detection" circuit (as expected ;-) ) but wasnt able to find it, so I soldered another one with a different layout on the conductor board.

Hurraaay, now my GPS and my Aladin works.
    jo-o

Ciao,
    Mario
    Tell, how you managed to activate Power_out?
    Siemens SL45i ->Treo 650 (Cingular / unlocked / FW1.71/SW1.20ROW)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    As described on the page in my first post.

I just made something wrong when soldering the cable. I tried to build a cable with as less as possible space requirements and made something wrong.
    After soldering a second cable with a "cleaner" design it worked.

Ciao,
    Mario