1.    #1  
    Hi - I have a Treo 650 and a PC notebook running Windows.

I would like to use the Treo 650 to facillitate a network connection to
    the PC.

I have been told I need a Treo 650-to-USB cable with a Citrix client
    in order to facillitate this.

My provider of Treo 650 services is Verizon Wireless.

I would like to ask members of this board who have done this what
    they had to do.

Thanks.
    Well, what I do via the Sprint PCS network is utilize a program called PDANet. Quick to install and easy to use. Ben
    I use PDANet also. If you really want to be Geek Chic you can add a bluetooth dongle to your PC then use the Treo as a modem without wires. A bit slower but it gets an A for cool.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I think you want to access PC folders and applications from the Treo, right? If so, you want a file browser for the Treo and a thin client or Remote Desktop Client for the Treo as well. You can do either with Bluetooth or your Verizon connection.

For file browsing I believe you can still find free SMBmate on MTDN; SMBmate has since migrated to a paid product WiFile.

For Remote desktop, there is the free Palm VNC which requires you install a server on your PC, or if you are running Windows 2000 or XP Pro you can enable remote desktop and use the paid MobileTS on your Treo. There are other paid alternatives but I don't remember what these are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Hi - I have a Treo 650 and a PC notebook running Windows.

I would like to use the Treo 650 to facillitate a network connection to
    the PC.

I have been told I need a Treo 650-to-USB cable with a Citrix client
    in order to facillitate this.

My provider of Treo 650 services is Verizon Wireless.

I would like to ask members of this board who have done this what
    they had to do.

Thanks.
    If you are thinking of PDaNet, you will soon change your mind after you see how slow your 650 is. You need to get a 3g phone.

But as puyi said, you can at least access the files that are on your pc from your treo.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What is the 3g phone you mention?
    I can do this via Cingular's MediaNet plan. I use BT to connect the laptop to the phone and it works like a champ.