1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I love Chatter! I am having a problem with one of my email accounts not related to Chatter. But, I need to have one account NOT try to retrieve email until I get my work email tech guy to get me new email settings. I don't want to delete the "Mailbox", but my Treo keeps trying to Connect to that mailbox/account and it's killing my battery. I tried to have the account be asleep for most of the day, but as soon as I activate Chatter my working email connects, then it tried my work email which isn't working.

So, can I disable/shut off only one mailbox account?

Thanks in advance!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Menu-Edit Mailbox-Deliver-Offline
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Menu-Edit Mailbox-Deliver-Offline
    You are AWESOME!!!

Thanks! You just saved my battery life
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    With some thought, it is not difficult to make it so that you sync only one folder. Here is what I do. #1) the only sync'd folder is the incoming mail box; all others are off line. #2) everything is stored on the SD card (a 1gb card). #3) No mail sent from the Treo is stored on the Treo. All email sent from the Treo is sent to a server mail box tittled "Inbox.Sent Items. #4) All deleted messages are moved to a server mail box tittled INBOX.Today where they sit until I have the opportunity to consider deleting or saving the message at a later time.

When an email is received, I have the option of leaving it in the incoming box or moving it to an off-line box. If I choose to delete the message, it is moved to a non-synced server mailbox for later review - I do not have to worry about deleting something by mistake. To conserve battery life, I have the "Efficient Sync (Slower Updates) option checked in the "Connection Preferences" area. In the "Composing Preferences" area, I have "Don't Save in TreoSent" checked.

Anytime I need to do a sync, I go to the box in question and do a "quick sync."

As a note, I do not use server-side filtering - I have no faith in it being 100% with it at all times - it does not think like I do.