1.    #1  
    Is it possible to send text messages or sms from your desktop through your Treo 650 via bluetooth?

I know I can with my Nokia 6630i.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchettiar
    Is it possible to send text messages or sms from your desktop through your Treo 650 via bluetooth?

I know I can with my Nokia 6630i.
    Yes, and Microsoft has a free plugin to send sms via bluetooth from Outlook
    Ciao

Ettore
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    How do I get this to work? I installed the Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-In (MOSA), but when I try to send, an Outlook wizard informs me no modem is available.

When I use the Bluetooth Wizard, the only service available for my 650 is OBEX object push.

Not sure what to do here?
    Why would you even want to? What's the problem?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    How do I get this to work? I installed the Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-In (MOSA), but when I try to send, an Outlook wizard informs me no modem is available.

When I use the Bluetooth Wizard, the only service available for my 650 is OBEX object push.

Not sure what to do here?
    i suppose you have to install the widcomm drivers for bluetooth and not the original microsoft stack
    Ciao

Ettore
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Shannonelements-I used to use the full keyboard of my laptop to send SMS via bt on my old razr using Motorola Phone Tools. Though the 650 has a full keyboard, when I am doing correspondence it is handy to send e-mail or SMS from Outlook without switching from the keyboard to 650 and back.

As to loading the 650 as a modem and enabling DUN this doesn't make sense for SMS because I think DUN on the 650 overrides Network services including SMS.

I guess I'll have to try this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    Shannonelements-I used to use the full keyboard of my laptop to send SMS via bt on my old razr using Motorola Phone Tools. Though the 650 has a full keyboard, when I am doing correspondence it is handy to send e-mail or SMS from Outlook without switching from the keyboard to 650 and back.

As to loading the 650 as a modem and enabling DUN this doesn't make sense for SMS because I think DUN on the 650 overrides Network services including SMS.

I guess I'll have to try this out.
    You don't need DUN obviously, but you need to see the 650 as a modem via bluetooth
    Ciao

Ettore