Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to send text messages or sms from your desktop through your Treo 650 via bluetooth?

    I know I can with my Nokia 6630i.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchettiar
    Is it possible to send text messages or sms from your desktop through your Treo 650 via bluetooth?

    I know I can with my Nokia 6630i.
    Yes, and Microsoft has a free plugin to send sms via bluetooth from Outlook
    Ciao

    Ettore
  3. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #3  
    How do I get this to work? I installed the Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-In (MOSA), but when I try to send, an Outlook wizard informs me no modem is available.

    When I use the Bluetooth Wizard, the only service available for my 650 is OBEX object push.

    Not sure what to do here?
  4. #4  
    Why would you even want to? What's the problem?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    How do I get this to work? I installed the Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-In (MOSA), but when I try to send, an Outlook wizard informs me no modem is available.

    When I use the Bluetooth Wizard, the only service available for my 650 is OBEX object push.

    Not sure what to do here?
    i suppose you have to install the widcomm drivers for bluetooth and not the original microsoft stack
    Ciao

    Ettore
  6. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #6  
    Shannonelements-I used to use the full keyboard of my laptop to send SMS via bt on my old razr using Motorola Phone Tools. Though the 650 has a full keyboard, when I am doing correspondence it is handy to send e-mail or SMS from Outlook without switching from the keyboard to 650 and back.

    As to loading the 650 as a modem and enabling DUN this doesn't make sense for SMS because I think DUN on the 650 overrides Network services including SMS.

    I guess I'll have to try this out.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    Shannonelements-I used to use the full keyboard of my laptop to send SMS via bt on my old razr using Motorola Phone Tools. Though the 650 has a full keyboard, when I am doing correspondence it is handy to send e-mail or SMS from Outlook without switching from the keyboard to 650 and back.

    As to loading the 650 as a modem and enabling DUN this doesn't make sense for SMS because I think DUN on the 650 overrides Network services including SMS.

    I guess I'll have to try this out.
    You don't need DUN obviously, but you need to see the 650 as a modem via bluetooth
    Ciao

    Ettore

Posting Permissions