1.    #1  
    Feel free to tell me what page this info is on in the manual, but I can't find it =)

This is driving me CRAZY...

Let's say I'm in an application, like Handmark Express. I'm viewing directions I've pulled up from the map channel. 3 minutes passes, and my screen blacks out.

What do I do now? The only thing I know to do is to press the phone button. Screen comes on -- great. Then it cancels my connection to Express because I can't do phone and data at the same time (Sprint), and when it switches to the phone app, it closes Express. When I go back to express, I have to rerun the search/map/whatever from scratch.

This is just an example, the same annoying thing happens with other applications too.

Is there some uber easy fix for this that I'm just unaware of? If not, is there ANY fix for it? Can anyone relate?
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Are you pressing the green phone button? That button launches the phone app. Press the red phone button to turn on the screen. Express will still be running.
    Zane
    The number of people who ask this question simply amazes me.. You use the Red button to turn it off, but not to turn it on?

On or off, the Phone application is launched for the green button, Calendar launched for the second button, Messaging opened for the third button, and the Red button toggles the power. You can reassign the second and third button, but I think we can safely assume that's not been done.
  4.    #4  
    You know, it just never occured to me. The first time the phone went blank and I wanted to use it, I hit the green button, and it worked, so I never thought about that *not* being the right way to do it.

I can unlock my phone, unbrand it, flash custom roms, and answer an awful lot of questions about it that people ask ...

... but I couldn't turn it on right

Thanks y'all.

Jonathan
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    I can unlock my phone, unbrand it, flash custom roms, and answer an awful lot of questions about it that people ask ...

Looking at your signature, I was wondering about this myself... - mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    You know, it just never occured to me. The first time the phone went blank and I wanted to use it, I hit the green button, and it worked, so I never thought about that *not* being the right way to do it.

Thanks y'all.

Jonathan
    I know it's kind of small, but the red phone button does have that universal on/off icon
    http://webinstituteforteachers.org/2...owerSymbol.jpg
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Now you guys are just rubbing it in... =)
    It's also in the quick reference or getting started (or whatever Palm calls it) section of the user manual.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    okok
    Attached Images Attached Images