1.    #1  
    I was sitting at the DMV yesterday. I was thinking back when I was 12 and how Radio Shack always had these portable tvs. I thought they were so cool. That was......12 years ago. I suddenly became furious and Deleted and canceld my membership with Mobitv (again).

I want TV.

Why do we not have a SDIO TV card?

Where is Slingbox for POS?

I would even "feed the pig" Comcast is they could find a way to stream video to my Treo.

My Treo does everything.........

Except tv.

Freakin Bill Gates. First the Media Center (i am now second guessing my mac)
    Now the Treo 700w has TV (oohhhh noo. all i need is a GSM unlocked version. I will be over the edge.)
    I feel for you. I travel a lot and it sure would be nice to get LIVE sports, not just the day-old highlight reels that I can catch in the hotel room. And how about streaming the XM and Sirius radio feeds like some of the newer phones do? It would really be simple for someone to program it to play on the Treo. So easy to recompile a DRM decoder and allow you to play it.

I guess they want you to buy a second phone.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Do the following.

1.) Get a 3g phone like my 700w
    2.) Use www.smartvideo.com to watch TV on your Treo
    3.) Use SiriuCE to listen to Sirius Satellite radio, and minixm to listen to XM
    That's an option if you can live with the tradeoffs:

1. Is user as comfortable with new OS ?
    2. What does user have to give up by new OS ?
    3. Exchange Server available ? other wise no remote lock
    4. Are they willing to deal w/ ActiveSync
    5. Are they willing to go CDMA and give up SIM swapping, battery life and international travel

Of course, some peeps will look at the options and one way will be better for some and one way will be better for others but it's not as if either choice gives you everything the other has plus a few extras. It's a "if I want this, I gotta give up this" kinda thing.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    check mobitv - i have over 20 chanels on my phone
  6.    #6  
    Like I said the REAL Treo. Sorry WM guys. You still have a MDA/IMATE whatever u want to call it.

Mobitv.......... that's horrid. I might as well have bit torrent streaming on my treo.
    According to the Slingbox web site....they "may" deliver a version of their software for Palm OS. At least it's more likely than a version for Commodore 64. If they deliver, I'm buying!
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    According to the Slingbox web site....they "may" deliver a version of their software for Palm OS. At least it's more likely than a version for Commodore 64. If they deliver, I'm buying!
    They sure do talk about mobile clients for different phones, but we know they use Windows media 9 to transmit/encode the video. No suitable decoder exists for palm, they'd have a lot of work on their hands.

TCPMP is coming out with video streaming. Sometime. But it's coming. That one I believe and is currently my only hope
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ I would REALLY like it if I could stream XM to using my T650! I'm sure someday someone will come out with a solution. But until then, I have my limited list of Shoutcast steams to keep me company :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm
    check mobitv - i have over 20 chanels on my phone
    How can you have the bandwidth to watch TV without a 3G phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Do the following.

1.) Get a 3g phone like my 700w
    2.) Use www.smartvideo.com to watch TV on your Treo
    3.) Use SiriuCE to listen to Sirius Satellite radio, and minixm to listen to XM
    Don't like the 240x240 screen requirement of the Windoze version.
    Nor the Windoze requirement.

Guess that pretty much rules out #2 & #3

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    How can you have the bandwidth to watch TV without a 3G phone?
    MobiTV has demonstrated it is possible to stream live tv to 1xrtt. It's their programming choices (available TV channels) that is in question.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    MobiTV has demonstrated it is possible to stream live tv to 1xrtt. It's their programming choices (available TV channels) that is in question.
    I can only imagine what the picture quality looks like.
    You can stream vids via kinoma as well fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    www.orb.com for the WM folks (for the 10 days when I had my MDA, this worked great on EDGE) .... but long since returned the MDA for a Treo 650... cant stomach WM5 (yet anyway)
    yeah that's why I still use 8trax, I just can't stomach cds
  17.    #17  
    huh?
    Here's a reply I received from Slingbox when asking about a software receiver version for Palm OS:

"In answer to your email concerning a Palm OS compatible SlingBox,
    the situation is that the Palm operating system is not compatible with use
    of the SlingPlayer, due to the differences between Palm and Windows
    Mobile 5, which works with Windows Media Center Codecs for the
    SlingStream"
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Here's a reply I received from Slingbox when asking about a software receiver version for Palm OS:

"In answer to your email concerning a Palm OS compatible SlingBox,
    the situation is that the Palm operating system is not compatible with use
    of the SlingPlayer, due to the differences between Palm and Windows
    Mobile 5, which works with Windows Media Center Codecs for the
    SlingStream"
    What a lame answer! Duh! Tell us something that is not obvious. Not sure I would want to deal with a company that sends out those type of canned responses anyway....

It has nothing to do with the OS and everythig to do with licensing I would think.

Steve
    Windows media encoder is free and supports any codec you want. Fire it up on your home pc and stream any video content you wish. I dont see why anyone would pay SlingBox something that can be had for free anyway.

The problem you are going to have is compressing the stream enough to watch on a phone that has no wifi or 3G, and still have bearable picture and sound.