Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Is there a Call blocker or Call Filter that works for the 650? All I read is Call Filter has to many bugs, what works to block certain calls from phone numbers you want to go straight to voice mail without my Treo ringing?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    You can use Ringo Pro or Lightwav and set the ringer to silent.

Or, you can use LudusW and reply with a text message.
    Buzz Off and CallShield both work for me. I like Buzz Off (made by Toy Soft) better, but us Call Shield b/c I paid for it ages ago. Call Shield sets up rules using your address book. Buzz Off can let you select only parts of a phone# ie block calls from area code 301 ect.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Call Filter 1.3.2 beta 1 worked for me when I tried it a while ago. The only issue I encountered was that after a hotsync I had to go into the app and back out to re-enable it, otherwise it stopped working.

Found that locking with Resco Locker made a huge improvement during the time I tested it.

http://www.velocityware.com/download...filterbeta.zip

Unfortunately no updates have been provided since the end of December, as the developer is off doing his day job probably/something like that.

Other folks seemed to have had a lot more problems then I did when I tried it, but see for yourself (make sure to lock with Resco Locker!)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    BuzzOff is unstable on my Sprint 650. I've tried EVERYTHING and have settled for mRing with a "silent ring" for calls I don't want to deal with.
    Never mind about Call Shield. Starting today my phone is getting stuck ringing. I press answer or ignore and the phone freezes up. Dis-abled CallShield no problem.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
  7. kel
    ive been using callshield pro and lite and it works fine on my 650....
    the best 650 call blocking app for a cdma phone is Lightwav by toysoft.
    I've been using CallFilter for a couple of months now without any problems whatsoever. In my experience, none of the others can match CallFilter's feature set.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Stay away from CallFilter and Lightwav. Both are full of bugs and have developers that don't seem to have the knowledge/desire to fix those bugs.