1.    #1  
    i got rid of my treo bc i didnt wanna pay the new fee of 29.99 a month for tmobile internet. i had tzones b4 that and all of a sudden the blazer and verichat didnt work. i recently got an MDA from tmobile and is paying the 29.99 but i hate this phone. does the tzones work for verichat AND blazer now?
    No, they fixed the hole. You weren't supposed to get full access with tzones in the first place.
    I am using tzones and it is working fine for me. Blazer, verichat...flawlessly.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    send an email to pdaapps.com and request a verichat versions that is tzones friendly. blazer should work also via a proxy.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    how well does a treo work with t-mobile? im thinking of doing that i was wondering if mutantblack could let me in on his experience. thanks!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm using an unlocked cingular treo 650 on t-mobile, i havent had any particular problems. I was effected by the lockdown on t-zones but if you set blazer to use t-mobile's web proxy, getmorespeed.t-mobile.com on port 8080 you can use blazer, and if you email pdaapps support, they will send you a version of verichat for use on t-zones.
    I just set up the way all others have been set up. Just use the proxy in Blazer and it's good to go. Comes up instantly. Verichat, I don't really need tmobile friendly. Just regular verichat is working good for me. I only use the tmobile for it's cheap internet and it's working great for me. I don't even have any effect of lockdown.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    i only wish ptune streams work.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I don't use Verichat or any other chat app, but my Blazer app stopped working not long ago. Used to be just fine with T-Zones but they shut it off on me. I added the proxy for Blazer and I'm back in business, getting the web just like before.

Proxy Server: 216.155.165.50
    Port: 8080
    I'll second the thought, no problems when using the proxy. I have one friend using a T600 on t-zones and another using a Palm T/X connected via bluetooth to a Sony T610 phone. No problems.

I'm not sure, but I believe the proxy is required for the Sidekick to work properly.

BTW, another apparent benefit to using t-zones vs. internet. My friend used t-zones throughout europe and was never charged any roaming internet fees (which are VERY expensive). Though I would not guarantee this hasn't changed, it may be the best deal in using GPRS in europe!
    I have Tzone and use the Proxy above. Everything is fine before Tmo patched the hole.
    Now I can not access https:\\ sites. My Exchange ActiveSync (in Versa Mail) and Shoutcast (in Ptunes) does not work. Are there any fix for this out there?
    If I get TmoInternet ($19.99/month) will I regain access to the sites I lost?
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
    Quote Originally Posted by LD555
    I have Tzone and use the Proxy above. Everything is fine before Tmo patched the hole.
    Now I can not access https:\\ sites. My Exchange ActiveSync (in Versa Mail) and Shoutcast (in Ptunes) does not work. Are there any fix for this out there?
    If I get TmoInternet ($19.99/month) will I regain access to the sites I lost?
    There is no more $19.99 Internet plan. The cheapest plan is now $29.99 - its a combination of the old Internet plan + Wifi Hotspots. You get the Hotspots whether you want it or not. That really pisses me off. Slowly but surely T-Mobile is morphing to become just like all the other big carriers. Their only value proposition now is the great customer service. Voice plans are relatively cheap, but with my corp discount Cing/Verizon/Sprint are cheaper. We have in excess of 200,000 employees in the US and T-Mobile didn't consider it worthwhile to negotiate a business plan, negotiations were fruitless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    We have in excess of 200,000 employees in the US and T-Mobile didn't consider it worthwhile to negotiate a business plan, negotiations were fruitless.
    It's probably because they know that they have the cheapest GSM data available to the general public. I was totally up front with them as to what I was doing when I switched to T-Zones Pro for my T650. They even went so far as to help me troubleshoot the configuration when I went to that plan. But I was so cheesed off that they would just shut off the T-Zone access that I looked for a better plan that would enable me to tell them to shove it. Unfortunately, the best I could do is $10 more than them just for data, then another $20 for the equivalent wireless minutes. I had no choice but to stay. You're lucky to have all that buying power (although I really hated Cingular when I had them and my wife hates them enough that she switched to T-Mobile when her plan expired recently).
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    I had the MDA for about 4-5 days. I then got sick of it...

I sold my Treo 650 because I wanted to try another smartphone while I waited for a newer Treo to come out. I sold it and bought the MDA. I had to use their crappy 30 dollar plan which gave me HotSpots which I NEVER use, and if I wanted to, I could at the airport, which I go to like 2 times a year (I can live without internet at the airport...i'm only there for about 2 hours each visit).

So I used the MDA but I noticed that it froze a lot on me, and it also slowed down. What can be expected from a crummy 200MHz processor after all. Mind you, I didn't add any 3rd party apps. aside from Verichat. The stylus on the MDA really annoyed me since it kept shrinking as I used it and to find a decent screen protector was just near impossible. I purchased 2 types of protectors which worked just as efficient as scotch tape on the screen.

I had to get rid of it, sold it for almost 500 plus all the accessories I got for it (Memory Card, Screen protector(s), an a stylus/pen/laser pointer/flashlight thingy). I then decided to just purchase a regular phone till I could get my hands on a new and improved Treo. I now use a Motorola RAZR V3i on T-Mobile. I got rid of the 30 dollar plan and went back to t-zones. I even managed to use my RAZR V3i on my MAC as a Bluetooth Modem and used iSync with it. I couldn't get the MDA to work with my MAC at all. Had it actually let me do so, I might have kept it, but it was a waste of money for the crappy speeds it gave me.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde
    After a month of trying to make my https/activeSync/Shoutcast work. I cracked and subscribed to the Tmo-Internet. Man ... it is expensive. Now everything works GREAT !!
    Gosh dang ... Tmo ... why coudn't you leave Tzone (proxy) alone. Certainly there is not that many people using the proxy hole to impact the revenue.
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
    OMG!!!!
    You people are friggin' Brilliant!
    I have been agonizing over this t-zones v. $30 a month crap. Sheer torture. I just took mutantblack's advice and my world is beautiful again. How can I thank you?
    With my undying gratitude,
    Bijou
    I am glad to hear tzones still works. I know that i can't use for the Ptunes stream but hey...I can live without it.
    If you put your sim chip from your treo into a WM5 phone it screws something up on the tmo servers for tzones and when you put it back into the treo tzones will not function properly unless you get tmo to give you a new sim or wait a couple of days for it to clear up. This happened to me many times.