1.    #1  
    I currently have the IMAP version of Chatter on my Sprint T650, using Gmail and fastmail.fm as my intermediary server. Am thinking of upgrading to Chatter 1.15 soon.

Currently, all of my e-mail is on the T650's ram. I'm thinking about moving them to my (SanDisk Ultra II 2 GIG) SD card soon, though from reading page 19 of the manual, this is not possible: "There is no facility for moving individual messages to SD card at this time; look for this in a future release."

BUT What if I uninstall 1.14 (or overlay 1.15 over 1.14), then install Chatter 1.1.5 clean, then quickly and temporarily turn off my Treo's radio and disable Chatter, then in 'Delivery Preferences" click on the "Store New Messages on Card" then turn back on radio and re-enable Chatter, would that work?

Or am I SOL?! Any Other options available? When will the facility for moving individiual messages to SD card happen? I sure hope it's soon!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    I currently have the IMAP version of Chatter on my Sprint T650, using Gmail and fastmail.fm as my intermediary server. Am thinking of upgrading to Chatter 1.15 soon.

Currently, all of my e-mail is on the T650's ram. I'm thinking about moving them to my (SanDisk Ultra II 2 GIG) SD card soon, though from reading page 19 of the manual, this is not possible: "There is no facility for moving individual messages to SD card at this time; look for this in a future release."

BUT What if I uninstall 1.14 (or overlay 1.15 over 1.14), then install Chatter 1.1.5 clean, then quickly and temporarily turn off my Treo's radio and disable Chatter, then in 'Delivery Preferences" click on the "Store New Messages on Card" then turn back on radio and re-enable Chatter, would that work?

Or am I SOL?! Any Other options available? When will the facility for moving individiual messages to SD card happen? I sure hope it's soon!
    If all your messages are currently on your IMAP server you can change the option to save messages to SD card. Then go to Console under “Pref “and enter reload. Reload will delete all messages from current mailbox folder then re-sync them. As they are reloaded they are written to SD. This can take some time to reload if there are a lot of messages to reload. I do not think this will work well with POP3 accounts unless you always leave your messages on the server (not the normal option). You have to repeat this for every folder you want to move to SD.

Using this method you can do a simple upgrade then reload the messages.
  3.    #3  
    Anybody else here try this?

Is all of this stuff done through FastMail, Chatter or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Anybody else here try this?

Is all of this stuff done through FastMail, Chatter or both?
    Hi Kev,

No worries whatsoever....if your messages are on the IMAP server. Issuing a "reload" command will delete everything from your Treo for that account (except for locked messages) and simply downloads everything to sync up with the IMAP server. From there on out it is typical IMAP synchronization. Just make sure you set the "Store messages on card" check box before the reload. I did this way back when Marc introduced SD card storage. It has been a bulletproof feature since day one so don't worry about it.

Best,
    Rory
    What Rory suggests is exactly what I did myself...

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Will try this mid next week, after I get back from my mini-vacation. Time to update manual, maybe?