Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Is there a tool for the 700P. I hate having all that extra crap and how long it takes to boot.
    Could someone please advise me:

I installed a Custom ROM (120GSM_ENA_Stripped_f32 - using the SD Card method), then I used Grack's ROMTool to download it, add a few programs, and upload it.

My Treo is working nicely, but I see this warning in jamesgangut's post
    (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...ostcount=564):

***If after running this you still have carrier version 249 replace with these versions. Turn radio off delete files and replace.***

My Carrier DB now reads: 249.

Is this a problem? Have I done something wrong, or not done something I should have? How do I fix it?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has made customizing the Treo a painless process. I do have a question regarding Uploading Programs. I plan on putting SplashID, SplashMoney, Butler, and maybe ZLauncher into ROM. What is the most efficient way to do this? Should I first put the aforementioned PRCs into my custom file? Once this is done, should I deinstall the programs from the Treo before upload my custom ROM into the phone? I hope this is not confusing. Thanks a million.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Could someone please advise me:

I installed a Custom ROM (120GSM_ENA_Stripped_f32 - using the SD Card method), then I used Grack's ROMTool to download it, add a few programs, and upload it.

My Treo is working nicely, but I see this warning in jamesgangut's post
    (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=893877&postcount=564):

***If after running this you still have carrier version 249 replace with these versions. Turn radio off delete files and replace.***

My Carrier DB now reads: 249.

Is this a problem? Have I done something wrong, or not done something I should have? How do I fix it?
    If it is working fine you can leave it be. There is a newer 270 version out if you find any problems.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom357 View Post
    First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has made customizing the Treo a painless process. I do have a question regarding Uploading Programs. I plan on putting SplashID, SplashMoney, Butler, and maybe ZLauncher into ROM. What is the most efficient way to do this? Should I first put the aforementioned PRCs into my custom file? Once this is done, should I deinstall the programs from the Treo before upload my custom ROM into the phone? I hope this is not confusing. Thanks a million.
    Just add them to the ROM, then use something like FileZ to delete the program copy in RAM. That way your prefs etc will stay in tact.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    There is a newer 270 version out if you find any problems.
    Ehm... I do not understand... a newer version of what?
    Ciao,
    Giangi
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi View Post
    Ehm... I do not understand... a newer version of what?
    The carrierdb

If it is working fine you can leave it be. There is a newer 270 version out if you find any problems.
    Thanks for the reply - it is working fine.

I never did anything with the partition size... at least, as far as I am aware (!?) - should I?
    The carrierdb
    Ah... ...I was hoping that a new PalmOS/Rom update was on development...
    Ciao,
    Giangi
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    Thanks for the reply - it is working fine.

I never did anything with the partition size... at least, as far as I am aware (!?) - should I?
    you will gain more than a meg of storage if you do. You just use the sd setup that you used to flash it. find the romupdaterapp and replace it with the 7.1mb version. Reflash and your done.

11.    #131  
    Ah... ...I was hoping that a new PalmOS/Rom update was on development...
    I don't think you will see any more updates.

you will gain more than a meg of storage if you do. You just use the sd setup that you used to flash it. find the romupdaterapp and replace it with the 7.1mb version. Reflash and your done.
    Ah yes, English words and Greek sentences!? Please explain more simply, I come from Kazakhstan...

sd setup?
    romupdaterapp?
    replace it with the 7.1mb version?

Translate please!!
  13.    #133  
    I reread your posts and I missed the part where you said you used the ROMtool to load the custom rom. You can't change the partition that way.

Instructions:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=323

Link to an archive with everything except the acepalmos.zip acepalmos.zip.md5:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...0&d=1143168013

Thanks jamesgangut for taking the trouble to help! Your instructions are very clear.

I now have an extra 1.3 MB of memory available... Fantastic on a Treo!

BTW, have you written somewhere what exactly just happened (what you/I did)?
    Thanks for the great work jamesgangut! Got a dumb question (did a search in this thread but did not find an answer).

I am not running IE. I am running Firefox. Am I SOL as far as the .NET run time files because I only have Firefox? Do I have to install IE first then get the .NET stuff? Also, I have XP Home edition. How do I tell if I have Service Pack II? Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    I don't think you will see any more updates.
    ...what a shame... I was hoping that Palm will improve the bluetooth section...

Btw, if there will not be any more updates, how do you know about the carrierdb and how will it be updated?

Thanks and ciao!
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Am I correct that, after changing my ROM and doing the partition thing, if I decide to fiddle around with the ROM again, I have to redo the partition as well? Or, once it is done, is it permanently done?
    once you redo the partition, it is permanent until you change the partition again. you can fiddle with ROM indipendantly of the partition.
    ...what a shame... I was hoping that Palm will improve the bluetooth section...

Btw, if there will not be any more updates, how do you know about the carrierdb and how will it be updated?

Thanks and ciao!
    Here ya go. Download and HotSync.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I have been running a custom ROM for months. Reading about changing the partition size is new to me. If I can gain an extra meg of memory than I would give it a try. If I want to leave the ROM the way it is and just change the partition size do I just follow the procedure listed here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=323

I followed the procedure outlined by James. Everything went smoothly until I typed rev cvt2. I get "invalid command" This has been posted before, but I cant find the answer to the problem.

I am using a customer ROM with the following readme file
    1.20 ENA ROM
    This version is stripped of all but English and German*; VersaMail, RealPlayer, Clock Tutorial removed.

Fixes:
    - Included older SMS smart text to allow emocicons.
    - Included Camcorder icon
    - CarrierDB, AmrDecLib issues resolved.[ Must have token updated via Palm Updater first]
    - Fat32 driver
    - Blazer 4.3 w/ "FastMode"

Mine ROM has Versamail still in it.

I selected the 7.1MB ROMUpdaterApp

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 11/25/2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast