Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I know this seems silly...But when you say UPDATED the Drivers... Did you load the actual Treo drivers for specifically accessing the internals? It will never see it if you do not...... the Drivers for Hotsync are not enough..
    I followed James' Step-by-Step Guide up to step 7, the rest you know I couldn’t process any further.

When you say, “Did you load the actual Treo drivers for specifically accessing the internals?” what do you mean by that? I extracted the drivers from Romtool to put them in C:\RomTool\drivers. I hope that is what you meant. If not then I guess I have to find an IT friend to help from now on.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    I followed James' Step-by-Step Guide up to step 7, the rest you know I couldn’t process any further.

When you say, “Did you load the actual Treo drivers for specifically accessing the internals?” what do you mean by that? I extracted the drivers from Romtool to put them in C:\RomTool\drivers. I hope that is what you meant. If not then I guess I have to find an IT friend to help from now on.

Thanks.
    Just because you put the drivers in a directory does not mean they are "Installed" and usable by the system.

I think you need to right click and install them.. or something like that..cannot remember it's been a while..
    the hardware wizard did not show up on my laptop
    Have you tried going to Control Panel and clicking on Add Hardware? That should start the wizard. If it will recognized the usb-treo connection as new, then you should be able to point to the drivers and complete the install.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Just because you put the drivers in a directory does not mean they are "Installed" and usable by the system.

I think you need to right click and install them.. or something like that..cannot remember it's been a while..
    Thanks. But I don't think you can install the drivers because I tried but not able to. I might try again.

Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Have you tried going to Control Panel and clicking on Add Hardware? That should start the wizard. If it will recognized the usb-treo connection as new, then you should be able to point to the drivers and complete the install.
    Thanks. I did that too but there is still no new device being recognized by the computer.
    Thanks. But I don't think you can install the drivers because I tried but not able to. I might try again.

Thanks. I did that too but there is still no new device being recognized by the computer.

Ok so what you are saying is...
    you plug the Treo in and go to bootloader mode.... the PC does not even sense there is a new device out there... This should happen REGARDLESS if there is a Driver Present... If we are talking about XP at least..

After it sees a device THEN it tries to load a driver, and if not found will ask to load one..

If this is not happening like discussed then you may have other issues.. Try pulling all your USB connections and leave ONLY the Treo. This will eliminate any USB contention.
    I manually install the HTC USB Sync and updated the drivers. I don’t know where I messed up things.
    OK, I just updated my ROM (wanted to remove Real Player anyway). In the XP device manager, what is the status of HTC USB Sync (under USB Devices)? Is it there all the time or only when the Treo is connected and in bootloader? You say you updated the drivers, is this where you linked to the updated ones? Have you started the Rom Tool and tried to find the phone? It took a while to find mine. If you've done all this, you might want to uninstall the HTC USB Sync using the device manager and start the find new hardware process again.
    jrfaris and blackvette,

Thank you both. I don't have time to try your suggestions today. I will find more time to test them out sometime tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    What I did was copied the ROM files across onto my SD card from within my Treo using FileProg, which then converted them into the correct format.
    Once I had then deleted the files from my ROM I copied them from my SD card back to RAM.
    Could you please be more precise?

I use KeySuite so I'd like to move the standard apps out of rom and keep them either in ram or on card...

I'm already done with the RomTools & Co, I have already updated my Treo many times... Right now my 650 is in English but I've kept the Italian language files.

What I'm trying to do is moving Calendar and Tasks but I'm scared by having different files and names...

On rom, for Tasks, I have:
    ToDo.bprc
    ToDo_enUS.oprc
    ToDo_itIT.oprc
    But using either FileZ or FileProg I have:
    Tasks-PTod (and this is fine: having looked into the file ToDo.bprc I've found this name for the application display name showed by PalmOS)
    Tasks-PTod_enUS
    and
    To Do List
    To Do List_enUS
    these seem to be a kind of a stub and I cannot find them anywhere into the launcher...

So... which one is to be copied?
    And... let say I have to use the files in ROM, it's fine to just grab them from the "working" directory used by RomTool and then add them using the standard QuickInstall application? Or, as you wrote, simply copy them using FileProg?
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    I don't think I put this in this thread. Maybe it will help ones find it.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...5&postcount=40
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giangi
    Could you please be more precise?

To Do List
    To Do List_enUS
    these seem to be a kind of a stub and I cannot find them anywhere into the launcher...

So... which one is to be copied?
    Giangi

Unfortunately, as you have found, not all ROM files are displayed in FileZ etc.

I'm not sure how else to convert .bprc etc files ? Sorry
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    .brpc == .prc - it's just the compiled name that palm uses for the DOS file. It ends up being "just a database" once it gets on the phone. The filenames don't always match up with the internal names too - you might find that a couple are renamed once they are installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    .brpc == .prc - it's just the compiled name that palm uses for the DOS file. It ends up being "just a database" once it gets on the phone. The filenames don't always match up with the internal names too - you might find that a couple are renamed once they are installed.
    So you can just rename .bprc and .oprc files from the ROMTool backed up folder to prc if you want to try and run them from RAM ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Yeah... you can just rename them and install them on your phone with Resco Explorer/Filez/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Giangi
    Unfortunately, as you have found, not all ROM files are displayed in FileZ etc.
    I'm not sure how else to convert .bprc etc files ? Sorry
    Actually I have already figured it out by test & try

First I have tried with the "big" ones (ie for Tasks: ToDo.bprc, ToDo_enUS.oprc & ToDo_itIT.oprc) and they were the right ones! To get the right name I've followed this procedure which looks a bit long...
    • I have removed the three files from the working dir for RomTool (actually I have parked them aside)

• with FileZ I have copied them from Rom to the SD (\Palm\Launcher\), obviously only the current language, not both since only one is visible.
      This step has renamed the files with the internal, PalmOS, name (ie ToDo.bprc => Tasks-PTod.prc)

• I have uploaded the the rom without the above files, after the reset I have moved them from SD to RAM and changed the attributes (NO readonly, YES backup)

• I did a hotsync to have a copy into my Backup folder

That's it!

Unfortunately I cannot keep them on SD (\Palm\Launcher\) because ZLauncher is coping to RAM just the main .prc and not the language overlay too (as it does the standard launcher when you run a prc from SD) So you have to keep all in RAM or leave just the language overlay in RAM. Personally I do not like to have "a bit here" and "a bit there" so I kept all in RAM.
    Ciao,
    Giangi
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This is a compilation of what I have done, most of this is not news but a beginning.

I am going to assume you are using the RomTool and have saved your ROM to a folder.

To remove lang but english do a search on you folder for _dede and delete all files, repeat for _itit etc.

Replace SmartTextEngine_Device.prc with version from 1.13 to gain emocicons in SMS. ** Palm has released a fix to this. (see files post)**

Replace FATFS.prc with FAT32.prc for increased speed for FAT16 and ability to read >2GB cards.

Files to remove VersaMail (Assuming lang. strip)
    AirSAM_enUS.oprc
    AirSAMprv.bprc
    AirSAMprv_enUS.oprc
    BGService.bprc
    BGService_enUS.oprc
    MMConduit.bprc
    MMConduit_enUS.oprc
    MMConfigFPI.bprc
    MMConfigFPI_enUS.oprc
    MMHtmlPlugin.bprc
    MMHtmlPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMMailTo.bprc
    MMMailTo_enUS.oprc
    MMNotify.bprc
    MMNotify_enUS.oprc
    MMPhotos.bprc
    MMPhotos_enUS.oprc
    MMPluginMGR.bprc
    MMPluginMGR_enUS.oprc
    MMPRCPlugin.bprc
    MMPRCPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMSDCard.bprc
    MMSDCard_enUS.oprc
    MMSmartAdd.bprc
    MMSmartAdd_enUS.oprc
    MMTextPlugin.bprc
    MMTextPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMUnzipPlugin.bprc
    MMUnzipPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMVCal.bprc
    MMVCal_enUS.oprc
    MMVCardPlugin.bprc
    MMVCardPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MMWave.bprc
    MMWave_enUS.oprc
    MMWizard.bprc
    MMWizard_enUS.oprc
    MMWordPlugin.bprc
    MMWordPlugin_enUS.oprc
    MultiMail.bprc
    MultiMail_enUS.oprc
    SAMgr.bprc
    SAMgr_enUS.oprc
    __MMServers_CROW.cpdb
    AirSAM.bprc

Remove RealPlayer (Assuming Lang. strip)
    RealRMFF.prc
    RealDRM.prc
    RealLib.prc
    RealMP3Codec.prc
    RealMP3FF.prc
    RealPlay.bprc
    RealPlay_enUS.oprc
    RealRMCodec.prc

Remove Tips (Assuming Lang. strip)
    PhoneRsc_Tips.prc
    PhoneRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc
    PhoneRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc
    Texter_Tips.prc
    Texter_Tips_CROW.cprc
    Texter_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc
    TutorialRsc_Tips.prc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc*
    Web_Tips.bprc
    Web_Tips_enUS.oprc
    Web_Tips_ptBR.oprc
    Media_Tips.bprc
    Media_Tips_enUS.oprc
    *may have been stripped already

Remove Tutorial (Assuming lang strip)
    TutorialApp_Device_CROW_enUS.lprc
    TutorialRsc_Tips.prc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc*
    TutorialRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc*
    TutorialApp_Device.prc
    TutorialApp_Device_CROW.cprc
    *may have been stripped already

BlueTooth files removed to get 1.13 version BT (Assuming lang strip)
    BluetoothExt_Device.prc
    BtCommVdrvLib_Device.bprc
    BtCommVdrvLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtDeviceLib_Device.prc
    BtExgLib_Device.bprc
    BtExgLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtHandsfreePnl_Device.bprc
    BtHandsfreePnl_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtHsmLib_Device.prc
    BtLibLib_Device.bprc
    BtLibLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtManagerApp.bprc
    BtManagerApp_enUS.oprc
    BtManPnl.prc
    BtStackLib_Device.prc
    BtTransportLib_Device.bprc
    BtTransportLib_Device_enUS.oprc

1.13 files put in ROM (Assuming lang strip)
    BtHandsfreePnl_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtHsmLib_Device.prc
    BtLibLib_Device.bprc
    BtLibLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtManagerApp.bprc
    BtManagerApp_enUS.oprc
    BtManPnl.prc
    BtStackLib_Device.prc
    BtTransportLib_Device.bprc
    BtTransportLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BluetoothExt_Device.prc
    BtCommVdrvLib_Device.bprc
    BtCommVdrvLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtDeviceLib_Device.prc
    BtExgLib_Device.bprc
    BtExgLib_Device_enUS.oprc
    BtHandsfreePnl_Device.bprc

Remove World Clock (Assuming lang strip)
    Clock.bprc
    Clock_enUS.oprc

Remove Welcome (Assuming lang strip) **May affect CC-Cap issue verify 255
    SetupApp_CROW.cprc
    SetupApp_enUS.oprc
    SetupApp.bprc

Remove Blazer (Assuming lang strip)
    BlazerApp_Device.bprc
    BlazerApp_Device_CROW.cprc
    BlazerApp_Device_CROW_enUS.lprc
    BlazerApp_Device_enUS.oprc
    BlazerRsc_Tips.prc
    BlazerRsc_Tips_CROW.cprc
    BlazerRsc_Tips_CROW_enUS.lprc

Files to trigger Lang. Selection:
    LocsLib_deDE.oprc
    SetupApp_deDE.oprc
    SplashscreenColor-2X_deDE.oprc
    System_deDE.oprc
    IIDataLib_deDE.oprc
    LatinLocModule-2X_deDE.oprc
    LocalLib_deDE.oprc
    Jamesgangut mentioned upgrading your Bluetooth 1.13. Where can I find what version of bluetooth I have, what's the difference, and how do I get these upgrade files? Thanks.
    I also deleted the file "SharedContentRsc_Tips.prc" with success and no problems for months. Not sure why it wasn't highlighted as a file that can be along with the rest of the "Tips" files...the file alone is 198K.

Sorry if this is mentioned, a search of the file name didn't bring up any results.

btw, anyone replaced their Fat32.prc with the one from the 700p and notice the treo freezing? When using the one from shadowmite taken from the tc my treo was perfect without one freeze for months.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 06/10/2006 at 02:12 PM.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ranma
    Jamesgangut mentioned upgrading your Bluetooth 1.13. Where can I find what version of bluetooth I have, what's the difference, and how do I get these upgrade files? Thanks.
    1.13 is not an upgrade but the files needed from the older 1.28/1.13 version. This was to help a few people with car kits. What came in 1.20 is newer.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero
    I also deleted the file "SharedContentRsc_Tips.prc" with success and no problems for months. Not sure why it wasn't highlighted as a file that can be along with the rest of the "Tips" files...the file alone is 198K.

Sorry if this is mentioned, a search of the file name didn't bring up any results.

btw, anyone replaced their Fat32.prc with the one from the 700p and notice the treo freezing? When using the one from shadowmite taken from the tc my treo was perfect without one freeze for months.
    Shared Contents is in RAM not ROM, yes delete it.
    I am using the 700 version of fat32 with no issues
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I hate to beat a dead horse. This is my situation. My phone is locked to cingular Firmware 1.51 software 1b.17 hardware b. I loaded up a custom rom last week and have not had a problem with it. I am currently in Australia and called cingular to have my phone unlocked. They gave me the "subsidy unlock code" and when entered I got the "the sim is unlocked now" or something to that effect. I tried using a sim card from a local carrier and it said the sim could not be used. I called the international number back and they claim there is only an 8 digit number for the subsidy unlock code and said that if that code along with the sequence did not work than there is nothing else they can do for me. They gave me the P1 toll free number in australia and pretty much said good luck with Palm.

I called palm and they said that cingular only network locks the phone and no subsidy code is needed, there is only one phone company on file that actually uses a subsidy code. After trying the 8digit code again with the *#*#<code># and the phone again saying that it was unlocked, he had me check the SA number. By the 1st 4 characters of the SA number they can tell if the phone is locked or not. The code I was giving him indicated that my phone was still network locked. None seem to have a straight forward answer. I have read quite a few posts on the unlocking subject and not have seen a problem similar to mine.

Can the rom mod affect the unlocking of the phone. I thought some time ago I read that the locking was a phone issue and had nothing to do with the rom. I can't seem to find that post and the doubt is still lingering. I did do a hard reset as well.

Another sequence that can be used with the 8 digit code is dial * # * * <code> # dial
    I don't think it should affect the unlocking... I was using a custom Cing Rom then unlocked and went to an ENA Rom...
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast