Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    So, I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of resizing my partitions. I've made my own custom ROMs, and have just been replacing needless applications with stuff I actually use. Would it be better to leave some empty space in ROM (I don't see how it would be), or shrink my ROM to use the space for RAM and install everything there?

I really shouldn't read these forums, I get ideas in my head to do things I really don't need to :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spectacular View Post
    I really shouldn't read these forums, I get ideas in my head to do things I really don't need to :P

Hear, hear. But on the bright side, I file like I have mastered my phone instead of being subject to it.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    That is true, part of the reason I keep doing it.

Nobody has an answer to my question on the previous page?
  4.    #244  
    Reducing your partition size will give you more storage space.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Right, but if I have filled my standard-sized ROM space with applications anyway, what advantage would be gained by moving them to RAM and shrinking the ROM partition? Seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. I'm wondering if I'm missing something in that assumption.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    jamesgangut,

Would it be easier to update the size of the partition if i customized my ROM first and the zip it and put it in the 7.1 updater of yours? Right now, i believe i have the 8.4 or something partition size and when i did the partition resizing, it says that there is not enough space. I am confused, please enlighten me. Thanks.
    I am looking for a way to add Spanish language to my unlocked cingular branded phone. I tried copying all of the Spanish language files from a full 1.20 ENG ROM taken from an unbranded T650 into my 1b.17 CNG ROM, but that didn't work at all. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? The Spanish files are on the CNG ROM, but somehow are not recognized.
    Can I somehow copy the full 1.20 ENG ROM onto my Cingular phone? That ROM is much bigger than the 1b.17 CNG ROM... is there a way to make the my ROM space larger?
    Thank you so much for all of your help, this forum has been EXTREMELY helpful!!
    Last edited by ryanaryn; 05/07/2008 at 12:31 AM.
    A couple of months ago, I customized the rom on my treo 650. I thought I kept the original rom but I am not able to find the ToDo.bprc & ToDo_enUS.oprc files . Does anyone have them by chance and would be willing to email them to me or post them here? Might there be another solution? Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Linda
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theladyinblack3 View Post
    A couple of months ago, I customized the rom on my treo 650. I thought I kept the original rom but I am not able to find the ToDo.bprc & ToDo_enUS.oprc files . Does anyone have them by chance and would be willing to email them to me or post them here? Might there be another solution? Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Linda
    ^^ Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by d0m0; 06/23/2008 at 06:02 PM.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi guys,
    just updated my rom 1.13 using the ROM CNG_TO_ENA via SD and everything was fine. Them, download it with rom tool and removed versamail, real player
    tips, tutorial and welcome as in this thread begining. Upload it with rom tool and there´s the looping restart again and again. As i made a backup of mine original rom i tried to upload it back but rom tool says ROM IS TOO BIG.

Would someone gimme a help.

tks in advance.

B. r
    The cust_ena.zip file link is no longer valid. Any way to get this file in this day and age?
    Agreed... anyway to get someone to share these files.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    I have good news and bad news.

The good news is: I have many of the files which were posted, earlier, in the thread. I'm not sure I have 'cust_ena.zip' but I do have a couple of custom ROM's, for Rogers, as well as the utilities to work with and install the ROM's.

The bad news is: they're on the drive of a system that went t.u. and I'm not going to be able to access them for, probably, two or three weeks.

If you need these files and they're not posted, in the meantime, send an e-mail to my user name AT hotmail DOT com, with the file(s) you want, and I'll get what I have, to you, as soon as I'm able. I'll try to remember to post them here, as well, but you're more likely to get the file(s) if I have an e-mail message to remind me.

Also, unrelated but I've got a 270 and several accessories available if anyone's interested.
    Weishun,

Thanks, a little creative google'ing and I found a copy.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    First of all, thank you for the wonderful job.
    I have been looking to have my Treo 650 Fix from Loop Reset that happend 2 years ago. Someone told I could try your method to CHANGE the rom.
    So I guess, I wonder where can I get a Brand New Rom and how do I Replace that rom with the one I am currently having (the one that is BROKEN)
    Please help.
    Thank you
    You cannot warm/system reset (as opposed to just a soft reset or hard reset) at all? You need a working unit to be able to replace/modify ROM.
    Sorry, I forgot to inform you.
    I have tried (Palm.com guide) to do ALL reset (warm, soft, hard, Zero Out) reset, but when I did the Zero Out reset, all I get is the Rainbow color with the Bootload. I can't get it to turn off like Palm.com said.
    In addition, I have two EXACT treo 650, one is Curretly working perfectly with NO installation of any sort (ORIGINAL version Software)
    So do you think you can help me out?
    SHould I try to fine a ROM somewhere on the Internet?
    Can you direct me ?
    Thank you
    You get the rainbow color of the bootloader? Maybe that could work. If you say your two Treo 650 are exactly the same (same version, same branding or non-branding), you can extract from the good one and load to the bad one.
    tro 650 hard format or flashing
    hi all i have a treo 650 that shows bootload v0.24 when the battery is inserted i have tried to reset it by removing battery while holding power and putting it back in a second but it did not work,pls is there any way of making it work or how can i flash it